Occupational Health Nurse Manager RN - Onsite
Provides program management for Concentra’s on-site client including, but not limited to creating policy recommendations, serving as the clinical consultant on client’s management steering committees for a variety of areas including safety, employee engagement, wellness, injury prevention, emergency response, CPR/AED/First Aid, OSHA
education, and ensuring client compliance with local/state/federal regulatory procedures (e.g. OSHA, ADA, FMLA, HIPAA, NIOSH, and industry-specific, accredited voluntary programs).
May provide nursing and/or emergency response services to employees or persons who are ill or injured on the client’s premises in accordance with Concentra policies, practices and procedures, and applicable regulations to achieve objectives of occupational health and safety services.
• Primary role is as a client program manager and health care consultant for the client’s occupational health care and/or overall medical clinic program. Responsible to client
management for center/program outcomes and is viewed by the client as an integral part of the overall health and safety team.
• Works autonomously performing risk identification, accident investigations, ergonomic evaluations, return-to-work coaching, managing occupational injury cases, creating health
programming, and creating/supporting injury/illness prevention services for deployment to the population.
• Performs care coordination, case management, and/or consults with the benefit carrier, workers’ compensation TPA, client medical director, and other benefit vendors on behalf of the client for the benefit of the working population.
• Participates as a member of the client’s safety and health-related committees and creates programming in conjunction with the client to disseminate to the working population.
• Responsible for reporting onsite program and committee/engagement outcomes to the Client’s executive and management leadership related to support of health care program outcomes.
• Provides direct care, including treatment of occupational injuries and illnesses using established nursing protocols. Consults with off-site community medical providers in the overall care of the client’s employees.
• Assesses non-occupational illnesses to determine the need for immediacy of treatment and give guidance to seek care from personal health care provider(s).
• Provides telephonic support to off-site client facilities and work places in managing occupational health programming – counsels off-site facilities on client policies related to the provision of medical programming (e.g. training, education, ergonomic recommendations).
• Is a primary occupational health consultant for the client and may be required to manage client vendors for health programming.
• Creates, enters, maintains, and consults on best practices for data entered into client-related IT programs that may include ergonomics, medical surveillance, accident investigation, and injury claims management systems. Maintains confidentiality of all prepared records.
• This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
• Bachelors’ degree in Nursing or related health field from an accredited college or university
• Certification in occupational health nursing, preferred
• Current license to practice as a registered nurse in the state(s) where employed and in accordance with state laws of practice
• Must maintain work state registered nurse licensure throughout the course of employment
• NRCME certification (where applicable)
• Customarily has at least five years of experience in occupational health nursing, preferred
• Demonstrate experience in the design of advanced health programming, including the ability to manager and communicate outcomes to executive leadership (C-Suite and SVP/VP level).
• Current knowledge of and ability to consult with the client on the laws and regulations that govern occupational and environmental health and safety.
• Current knowledge of practice laws and regulations in state of practice and may work with the State on programming specific to client needs (pandemic response, emergency
• Current knowledge of community health principles applicable to occupational and environmental health and safety.
• Knowledge of workers’ compensation and clinical procedures and all processes involved in the delivery of quality care.
• Medical knowledge of techniques and information needed to treat human injuries/illnesses.
• Customer and personal service knowledge including needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
• Knowledge of employer-specific equipment, policies and procedures, and management/employee responsibilities regarding health and safety, including computer
• Reading comprehension.
• Operation and control of client equipment and/or systems as related to on-site nursing and program management function.
• Ability to create health programming using Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and/or Visio.
• Client IT platform, Concentra IT platform, clinical testing equipment (e.g. audiometer, pulmonary function, Titmus)
• Monitoring to make improvements or take corrective action.
• Knowledge of human behavior and performance.
• Time management; ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects.
• Computer literacy, ability to work with computerized systems and applications.
• Ability to work independently, including decision-making ability for the patient and client.
• Judgment and decision-making skills.
• Active listening skills.
• Ability to effectively communicate information to executive leadership, management, front line supervisors, peers, or customers.
• Problem sensitivity.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to make decisions or solve problems by using logic to identify key facts, explore alternatives, and propose quality solutions
• Outstanding customer service skills as well as the ability to deal with people in a manner which shows tact and professionalism
• The ability to properly handle sensitive and confidential information (including HIPAA and PHI) in accordance with federal and state laws and company policies
• Demonstrated willingness to participate in Continuing Medical Education
The experience you will gain is limitless, as are the career advantages with Concentra. In addition to a full medical plan with a 401(k) employer match, we offer career advantages that are second to none:
- Be part of a committed team that’s growing fast and making a difference
- At many locations, you’ll enjoy a M-F schedule – your weekends are all yours
- Work with leading edge technologies and continuously advance your knowledge and skills
- Perform medical procedures beyond the traditional role
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans