X Ray Tech Medical Assistant PRN Saugus, CA
We're in the amazing position for a future filled with growth and success. Bring your talent to Concentra, one of the largest health care providers in the nation and find out just how far it can take you. Are you ready to be a part of the team?
Concentra has an opening for a Limited Scope X-Ray Technician/Medical Support Specialist. When you build your career with Concentra, you will utilize both your X-Ray and Medical Assistant training to learn and grow alongside a dedicated team, making a positive impact on our patient experience, their quality of care and happiness.
- Work one-on-one with patients as a health care provider
- Apply X-rays to patients for diagnostic purposes
- Monitor the flow of onboarding patients and delivering routine medical care
- Handle blood draws, injections, EKGs, vitals, drug screens, rooming patients and much more.
- Prepares patients for X-Ray exams, positions patients based upon the type of procedure to be performed.
- Administers routine X-Ray exams as ordered by the treating clinician.
- Adjusts switches regulating length and intensity of exposure.
- Maintains quality assurance as required by Concentra X-Ray Compliance Manual.
- Prepares reports and maintains records of services rendered, assures accuracy in documentation.
- Performs ancillary testing and tasks (including but not limited to vaccines and injections, phlebotomy, PFTs, audiogram testing and respirator fit testing) as ordered by treating clinicians.
- Performs rapid screening tests (influenza, strep, mono, glucose, etc.).
- Assists providers during examination and treatment.
- Applies bandages, dressings and splints as ordered by the treating clinician.
- Performs DOT and Non-DOT drug and alcohol testing.
- Maintains and operates all medical devices and equipment, including calibration and record keeping in accordance with current policy and procedures.
- Maintains supplies, cleans rooms and equipment, and stocks exam rooms.
- Notifies supervisor immediately if equipment is not functioning properly, supplies are needed, or facility is not operating as expected.
- Cross trained to perform Front Office duties including greeting patients, obtaining authorization, check in/out, communicating wait times, etc.
- Medical Assistant Training and Certification/License in accordance to state requirements and applicable regulations of jurisdiction.
- Limited Medical Radiologic Technologist Certificate (LMRT) or Certification from similar Radiologic Technology Program.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans