Concentra, one of the largest health care companies in the nation, is looking for a PRN Nurse Practitioner devoted to providing an exceptional patient experience. This position provides an opportunity to operate with an independent nature and with a keen focus on quality care. In addition to clinic duties, as a PRN Nurse Practitioner with Concentra you will sharpen your leadership skills by joining medical expert panels, coaching back office staff, educating RNs and more. At Concentra, you can directly and positively affect change every day in patients’ lives. You and your team of expert colleagues will help thousands of patients thrive again. Join Concentra to flourish as a PRN Nurse Practitioner.
- Supports center physicians and performs tasks traditionally performed by physicians.
- Engages in direct patient care:
- Performs physical, mental status and medical history examinations; makes records of findings subsequently reviewed and countersigned by supervising physician;
- Orders and interprets laboratory studies/examinations to determine treatment, orders medication and other forms of treatment as ordered by the physician;
- Follows patient progress and makes changes in treatment as necessary;
- Applies local anesthetic, examines and cleans wounds, incises and drains abscesses and sutures;
- Performs duties as required by supervising physician.
- Assists in scheduling and coverage for Company or Association owned clinics/centers.
- Participates in the “on call” program to facilitate after hours and weekend case care.
- Works with Center Medical Director (CMD) to develop, implement and revise policy and helps ensure operations adhere to policy and standards of occupational medicine, Association and Concentra.
- Meets with Concentra physician leadership to review quality of care and participates in quality assurance processes.
- Develops or improves services delivered at the Center.
- Participates in and assists with continuing education programs for physicians, nurses and other personnel employed by Association or Concentra.
- Recommends potential growth for new and/or existing services.
- Reviews and submits statistical reports on center activities to Concentra and Association as requested.
- Helps ensure center’s compliance with licensing, certification and accrediting bodies.
- Meets with employers to discuss health and safety needs and conducts work place on-site assessments.
Calls client representatives following employee treatment for initial injury or return to work status
- Licensure requirements of the state of jurisdiction
- Graduation from an accredited Nurse Practitioner program
- Procedural skill are a plus
- Minimum of two years of clinical experience in a primary care specialty and/or occupational medicine
- Training Provided in Our World-Class Occupational Medicine Process Management Model
- Medical Malpractice Coverage
- 401(k) with Employer Match
If you’re looking for an organization that cares for your growth and well-being as much it does its patients, consider Concentra.
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Veterans/Disabled