Nurse Practitioner OR Physician Assistant
As one of the largest and most rapidly expanding health care companies in the nation, Concentra has an exciting opportunity for you. If you are passionate about promoting healthy lifestyle changes and to support our focus on health, wellness and the patient experience, this positon is a perfect fit. We are looking to hire an Advance Practice Clinician (PA/APRN) who will work at our onsite medical center that is located on the premises of our customer's facility in Santa Fe Springs, California. The customer is a large and well respected national company. Onsite clinical care offers many advantages including the opportunity to develop strong relationships with the employees and to coach them to live healthier lives. You will serve as the center's main clinician supported by a medical assistant and working as a team with an athletic trainer to provide concierge type of dedicated health services to the onsite customer's employees. You will also have the opportunity to get out into the facility in order to learn more about the employees’ work environment and help prevent and manage worker compensation/injuries cases. You will also be able to impact the employees’ along with their dependents’ personal wellbeing and providing urgent care, primary care, wellness services for the employees and their families. This role is a truly unique experience focusing on patient well-being and clinical care. Are you ready to make a real difference, and help create the future of healthcare? If you are a looking for a career which allows you the time to treat patients holistically, please apply. We offer excellent benefits and competitive salaries. Consider joining Concentra today.
WHY THIS OPPORTUNITY IS UNIQUE:
- You will have an opportunity to design, develop, and implement various health and wellness programs in order to screen for disease and practice primary prevention.
- Our onsite centers are only open to our employer partner's employees and their dependents. You will have the opportunity to develop long standing relationships with this patient population, build their trust, and truly help influence their health and wellbeing.
- You will have the ability to integrate employer sponsored disease management and wellness programs into the treatment model in order to ensure that patients get all the help they need on their journey towards a healthy lifestyle.
- You will have access to clinical best practices and our Medical Expert Panel recommendations.
- We offer an EMR to assist you in your documentation.
- This is an opportunity to practice medicine as you envisioned it without having to complete all of the paperwork required by payers in the community practice setting.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Evaluates and treats patients in accordance with Concentra’s medical model.
- Establishes and monitors appropriate level of care for patients.
- Completes all medical record documentation prior to end of shift.
- Works with and supports other onsite staff to ensure operations are consistent with medical and professional standards of care, Physician Association, and Concentra.
- Meets with Director of Medical Ops/Onsite Leadership to discuss quality of patient care, review policies, procedures, outcomes reports, and records.
- Recommends potential growth opportunities for new or existing services within the Center.
- Participates in quality management processes.
- Assures personal compliance with licensing, certification and accrediting bodies.
- Participates in development and presentation of in-service and continuing education programs for medical support staff, and other personnel of Physician Association or Concentra.
- Calls patients to ensure their well-being as needed following center visits.
- Works with the Director of Operations or their designee to ensure daily operational readiness.
- Provides clinical oversight and guidance to ancillary medical personnel.
- Coordinates with and refer patients to employer sponsored wellness/benefit programs.
- Attends client facility meetings as needed such as safety, HR, new employee orientation.
- Provides wellness events such as lunch and learns, flu vaccines, blood pressure/BMI/biometric screens.
- Provide urgent type of pediatric care and sports physicals for those 2 years old and above. Does not replace dependent child’s pediatrician and does not provide pediatric primary care or routine childhood immunizations (except for flu).
- Interfaces with the client contact and Concentra leadership to report on aggregate data pulled from the EMR. These stewardship reports take place quarterly and provide the client with a better understanding of the return on their investment in the health center.
- Working knowledge of medical office administration and procedures.
- Basic computer skills and preferably experience with electronic health records.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Superior customer service and “bed side manner” skills.
- Critical thinking, deductive reasoning and decision making skills.
- Demonstrated ability to instruct and teach.
- Ability to work in a team environment that is dedicated to patient care.
- Licensure requirements of the state of jurisdiction.
- Graduate of APRN program of accredited university.
- Certification or Eligibility in family practice.
JOB RELEVANT EXPERIENCE:
- Preferred two to five years of experience in primary care, urgent care or emergency medicine setting.
- This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
- Must be proficient with basic suturing/laceration repairs and basic X-ray reads
- Must be comfortable seeing a pediatric patient demographic two years and older
If you’re looking for an organization that cares for your growth and well-being as much it does its patients, consider Concentra.
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans