Customer Service Representative
Do you want to use your problem solving skills and knowledge of customer service to help improve the health of America's workforce? At Concentra, we serve more than 500 medical centers and 130 onsite clinics nationwide. Concentra colleagues remain fueled by our driving purpose: to provide outstanding patient experience by delivering the highest quality healthcare in an efficient, affordable, and caring manner. We do this by putting all customers first.
The Customer Service Representative responds to requests for medical information and updating employer accounts and/or service packages. You'll also assist customers, in writing or by phone, by providing customer information and resolving discrepancies or service-related issues.
- Handle incoming calls and customer service inquiries
- Maintain customer records by updating account information
- Resolve service issues by clarifying the customer's complaint
- Identify the cause of the problem; select and explain the best solution to solve the problem; expedite correction or adjustment; and following up to ensure resolution
- Monitor and respond to incoming correspondence. Take appropriate action or delegate to appropriate department.
- Provide outstanding customer service to engage and assist customers
- Provide accurate, valid, timely and complete information by using the right systems or tools
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Customarily has at least one year of customer service experience
- Skills You'll Use Every Day: Service Mentality, Attention to Detail, Sense of Urgency, Initiative and Flexibility
- Ability to make decisions or solve problems by using logic to identify key facts, explore alternatives, and propose quality solutions
- Outstanding customer service skills as well as the ability to deal with people in a manner which shows tact and professionalism
- The ability to properly handle sensitive and confidential information (including HIPAA and PHI) in accordance with federal and state laws and company policies
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint
- Ability to meet and exceed clients' needs and expectations
- Ability to create a mail merge
- Knowledge of company programs, services and resources available to clients to fulfill the objectives of the position and the department
- Ability to communicate effectively and work professionally with patients, clients, and other staff to ensure efforts are coordinated and high-quality service is provided
- Ability to multitask and learn multiple systems concurrently
- Professional telephone manners and etiquette
- Detail-oriented and highly organized
- Ability to work independently
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Employer Match
- Medical, Vision, Prescription, Telehealth, & Dental Plans
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off & Extended Illness Days Offered
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
- Employee Discounts
This job requires access to confidential and critical information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Concentra is an equal opportunity employer, including disability/veterans