Customer Services Correspondence Representative
Working under direct supervision, responds to customer inquiries and performs various basic clerical duties required for processing billing transactions to ensure timely and accurate collections of payments and daily reconciliation of cash while maintaining orderly, well documented files and reports in accordance with Concentra policies practices and procedures. Assists customers by providing customer information and resolving service issues.
- Manages incoming calls and customer service inquiries.
- Maintains customer records by updating account information.
- Resolves service issues by clarifying the customer's complaint; determining the cause of the problem; selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem; expediting correction or adjustment; following up to ensure resolution.
- Per customer request, locate clinic options that will provide the services they require.
- Coordinates with new clinics to establish protocols.
- Maintains CMCA Clinic Network Database.
- Builds sustainable relationships and trust with customer accounts through open and interactive communication.
- Provides accurate, valid and complete information by using the right methods/tools.
- Follow communication procedures, guidelines and policies.
- Provides outstanding customer service to engage and assist customers.
- Other duties as assigned. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Customarily has at least one year of demonstrated customer service experience
- Concentra Core Competencies of Service Mentality, Attention to Detail, Sense of Urgency, Initiative and Flexibility
- The ability to properly handle sensitive and confidential information (including HIPAA and PHI) in accordance with federal and state laws and company policies
- Outstanding customer service skills as well as the ability to deal with people in a manner which shows tact and professionalism
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word experience required
- Ability to meet and exceed clients’ needs and expectations.
- Must be knowledgeable and proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to create a mail merge
- Knowledge of company programs, services and resources available to clients to fulfill the objectives of the position and the department.
- Understanding or compliance and HIPAA rules and regulations
- Ability to communicate effectively and work professionally with patients, clients, and other staff to ensure efforts are coordinated and high-quality service is provided.
- Ability to multitask and learn multiple systems concurrently
- Excellent telephone manners and etiquette
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Ability to complete assigned projects and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, projects, duties, and priorities, when assigned
- Work is performed in an office environment. Involves frequent telephone and in-person contact with clients, staff, customers, management, etc. Interaction with others is constant with frequent interruptions. Contact may involve dealing with angry, upset or uneasy people. Work may be demanding at times.
- Work is primarily office work and requires sitting for long periods of time; also stooping, bending and stretching for files and supplies. Occasional lifting to 10 pounds. Requires moderate typing skills and manual dexterity to operate a keyboard, calculator, telephone, copier, and such other office equipment as necessary. Normal or corrected vision to acceptable levels for common office work. It is necessary to view and type on computer screens for variable periods of time.
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Paid Time Off/Holidays
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans