Cash Application Representative
The ideal candidate will perform under general supervision a variety of moderately complex to complex tasks related to posting, reconsiderations and adjustments of all payment types to the billing and collection system. The position requires excellent communication, customer service and organizational skills. All tasks must be performed in a timely and accurate manner in accordance with Concentra and Central Billing Office practices, policies, and procedures.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Payment application.
- Transfers payments to other Central Business Offices as necessary and follows appropriate transfer out procedures.
- Processes zero pay explanation of benefits and appropriate reasons for zero pay.
- Performs and maintains posting level per company policy.
- Verifies payments and matches outstanding balances.
- Processes batches and uses correct payment transaction type.
- Researches and processes charge backs and bad checks.
- Creates, reviews, processing of all data on daily reports.
- Monitors discrepancies and makes needed adjustments.
- Notifies appropriate personnel of trends or problems with specific payers, contracts or fee schedule adherence.
- May perform lead duties.
- Prepares status report of all reconsiderations.
- Prepares and disburses all daily reconsiderations to appropriate carrier or third party administrator.
- Applies appropriate adjustments.
- Performs additional duties as assigned or deemed necessary.
- High School education, prefer some college or specialty training in medical billing or equivalent job relevant experience
JOB RELEVANT EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with a multi location practice
DEMONSTRATED JOB-RELATED SKILLS/COMPETENCIES:
- Strong computer skills
- Microsoft Word and Excel knowledge and experience
- Ability to operate 10 key numerical pad by touch
- Ability to work under tight time schedules
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to handle multiple tasks
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to be detailed oriented
- Ability to assist peers
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Office Environment
- Sitting for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift light weights of up to 35 lbs.
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Paid Time Off
If you’re looking for an organization that cares for your growth and well-being as much it does its patients, consider Concentra.
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans