Medical Support Specialist Specialty Coordinator San Diego, CA
Concentra, one of the largest health care companies in the nation, has an opening for a Medical Support Specialty Coordinator. As a Medical Support Specialty Coordinatoor at Concentra, you will learn and grow alongside the Center Operations Director, making a positive difference in the patient experience and quality of care. The experience you will gain in this role is limitless, as are the career opportunities within Concentra.
Assist Ortho Specialists with scheduling, reporting, billing and preparing for specialty patient visits including surgery. Perform all clerical and administrative duties associated with Medical Group practice within a specific center.
- Prepare medical charts and records for specialty and surgery patient visits. Track and file test results, films and/or reports prior to appointments.
- Review second level text for specific protocols requested by client and advise specialty physician accordingly.
- Obtain authorizations from clients and insurance carrier for ortho treatment as prescribed by physicians. Report denials or delays to center manager.
- Obtain authorizations for patient referrals to specialists, diagnostic testing and surgeries.
- Advise physician if authorization request is denied.
- Maintain records of all referrals and complete monthly reports.
- Make appointments for patients with specialists.
- Make appointments for patient follow-ups.
- Contact patients who miss an appointment and/or report missed appointment to employer.
- Notify patients of all appointments.
- Type ortho first reports; process and mail reports to employers and insurance carriers.
- Type and mail status update reports.
- Track receipt of transcription reports. Review reports and file in ortho chart. Distribute copy of report to referring physician who will initial and return the report. File report in the patient’s medical chart. Mail reports to employers and insurance carriers
- File final copy of authorized referrals in patient file for physician review.
- Maintain filing system for ortho charts.
- Review and process all charge tickets.
- Create daily and monthly billing and MRI/Scan utilization reports.
- Assist Front Office personnel by answering telephones, registering patients, and discharging patients.
- Utilize formal channels of communication to report concerns, personal requests and patient issues.
- Respect patients' right to privacy and confidentiality.
- Maintain an orderly and professional working atmosphere.
- Report to work properly dressed according to the approved dress code.
- Adhere to guidelines concerning working hours and break periods.
- Understand and follow department's organizational policies and procedures.
- Assist clinic manager in prioritizing work activities, evaluating effectiveness and modifying activities when necessary.
- Meet deadlines for work assignments and inform supervisor of work status and progress.
- Communicate and cordially work with other staff to ensure efforts are coordinated and a high quality of service is provided.
- Perform related work as requested.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Training as a medical assistant, or military medical specialist with current credentials in the state of employment
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic, clinical office environment
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Veterans/Disabled
- Clinical office environment