Medical Assistant - Specialty Coordinator (Kearny Mesa)
Up to $2,500 Sign on Bonus!!
We're in the amazing position for a future filled with growth and success. Bring your talent to Concentra, one of the largest health care providers in the nation and find out just how far it can take you. Are you ready to be a part of the team?
Concentra has an opening for a Medical Support Specialist. When you build your career with Concentra, you will utilize your Medical Assistant training to learn and grow alongside a dedicated team, making a positive impact on our patient experience, their quality of care and happiness.
- Work one-on-one with patients as a health care provider
- Monitor the flow of onboarding patients and delivering routine medical care
- Handle blood draws, injections, EKGs, vitals, drug screens, rooming patients and much more.
• Performs ancillary testing and tasks (including but not limited to vaccines and injections, phlebotomy, PFTs, audiogram testing and respirator fit testing) as ordered by treating clinicians.
• Performs rapid screening tests (influenza, strep, mono, glucose, etc.)
• Prepares patients for physical examinations, including taking vital signs and performing all required testing.
• Responsible for performing routine medical procedures as ordered by treating clinician.
• Triages and dispositions all patients
• Assists providers during examination and treatment
• Prepares for and assists clinician with surgery set up and injury care.
• Applies bandages, dressings and splints as ordered by the treating clinician.
• Dispenses medications and appliances as ordered by the treating clinician and in accordance with state regulations.
• Performs DOT and Non-DOT drug and alcohol testing.
• Maintains and operates all medical devices and equipment, including calibration and record keeping in accordance with current policy and procedures.
• Completes quality assurance activities on equipment and medical devices as well as testing processes used in the center.
• Maintains supplies, cleans rooms and equipment, and stocks exam rooms.
• Notifies supervisor immediately if equipment is not functioning properly, supplies are needed, or facility is not operating as expected.
• Manages patient flow and volume. Keeps patients informed of expected wait times
• Responsible for clerical tasks in both the front and back office associated with patient care and proper record keeping. Ensures accuracy in documentation.
• Cross trained to perform Front Office duties including greeting patients, obtaining authorization, check in/out, communicating wait times, etc.
• Answers telephone as needed
• Attends center staff meetings as required
• Assists in maintaining a neat, clean and orderly appearance throughout the facility
• This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
• High school graduate or GED equivalent
• Medical Assistant Certification from an accredited school (credentials in the state of employment in accordance with state requirements and applicable regulations) or Military Medical Specialist with current Medical Assistant credentials in the state of employment in accordance with state requirements and applicable regulations
• Working knowledge of occupational medicine requirements (state specific)
• Previous medical office experience preferred
• Concentra Core Competencies of Service Mentality, Attention to Detail, Sense of Urgency, Initiative and Flexibility
• Ability to make decisions or solve problems by using logic to identify key facts, explore alternatives, and propose quality solutions
• Outstanding customer service skills as well as the ability to deal with people in a manner which shows tact and professionalism
• The ability to properly handle sensitive and confidential information (including HIPAA and PHI) in accordance with federal and state laws and company policies
• Demonstrated willingness to participate in initial and ongoing training as required.
• Demonstrated effective communication and interaction with employers, patients, providers and other employees.
• Demonstrated ability to maintain working relationship with all levels of employees.
• Demonstrated excellent customer service skills
• Demonstrated computer skills
• Must successfully complete orientation and training as well as demonstrate competency in all required medical tasks.
• Obtain all certifications required of Medical Support Specialists including but not limited to Drug Screen Collection, Breath Alcohol Certification, Hair and Oral Fluids Collection.
The experience you will gain is limitless, as are the career advantages with Concentra. In addition to a full medical plan with a 401(k) employer match, we offer career advantages that are second to none:
- Be part of a committed team that’s growing fast and making a difference
- At many locations, you’ll enjoy a M-F schedule – your weekends are all yours
- Work with leading edge technologies and continuously advance your knowledge and skills
- Perform medical procedures beyond the traditional role
This position is eligible to earn a base compensation rate in the state range of $18.48 to $26.82 hourly depending on job-related factors as permitted by applicable law, such as level of experience, geographic location where the work is performed, and/or seniority.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans