Director of Operations - San Diego Market
Please be advised, if you are viewing this position on Indeed, that the salary rate/range set forth herein was provided by Indeed. Concentra's market specific rate/range will be provided during the interview process.
Do you want to apply your skills and knowledge of operations to help improve the health of America's workforce? With a national footprint of more than 500 medical centers and more than 130 onsite clinics nationwide, Concentra colleagues are fueled by our drive to provide an exceptional experience for our customers and exceptional care for their employees.
The Director, Operations builds teams focused on service delivery, driving key business metrics, clinician support and growing core business. Also, responsible for implementation of strategy and maintaining internal and external relationships across the markets. Ensures superb patient care, satisfaction, and employer experience. Accountable for operational management of all sites (centers and on-sites) within area of responsibility. 100% G&A with 80% of the time spent at sites.
- Ensures execution on core business model across markets and service lines.
- Monitors key metrics to achieve patient consistency: % MS Referred, Visits per Case, % Therapy SDE, % Seen, PI’s, LOS, NPER, TAT, and NPS.
- Ensures staffing optimization and holds staff accountable to impact workflow and patient experience for all disciplines and sites.
- Assists Center Operations Directors and Associate Director Operations in assessing center processes and work flows to continuously improve the patient experience.
- Ensures clinician ability to focus on patient care and outcomes. Accountable for supporting and driving the following (with clinician leader approval): clinician recruiting, clinician W2W (90-day schedule), all credentialing, FTE spreadsheet, salary analysis, and contract labor.
- Meet NPER/NPS targets.
- Works collaboratively with clinical and therapy to ensure appropriate support and work flows to foster caring environment for treatment.
- Maintains and leverages relationships (to include stewardship and client meetings) with employers, payers, referral sources, networks, local communities, etc. to drive market growth.
- Resolves/addresses (if resolution not available) all customer and center issues within 48-72 hours.
- Mentors and coaches operations leaders regarding business metrics, patient/client satisfaction, center management, etc.
- Develops colleague success through all aspects of the talent life cycle for operations within the region including recruiting, hiring, onboarding, orientation, mentoring/development, engagement, retention, performance management and succession planning.
- Fosters an environment of collaboration, professionalism, patient/colleague safety, quality care, continuous improvement and reward and recognition.
- Leads and promotes collaboration across multiple disciplines and teams to achieve clinical and business outcomes.
- Develops and executes action plans to address gaps in financial performance and growth across service lines to achieve the annual business plan.
- Plans and executes strategies and business processes within market.
- Monitors and manages appropriate key business and clinical metrics: GRV, EBITDA, efficiencies, PI, cost per encounter, coding and documentation and other metrics as determined by senior leadership.
- Reviews key indicator reports - IOS, suspense, DOT, ops dashboard, etc. to take action in order to achieve annual business plan. P&L ownership and financial responsibility for market level budget and all metrics.
- Other duties as assigned. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and education in business administration or related field from an accredited college/university
- In lieu of an undergraduate degree, the ratio is 1:1 meaning one year of college is equal to one year of directly related experience and vice versa
- Customarily has at least three or more years of direct management experience
- Customarily has at least five or more years Operations management experience
- Healthcare experience preferred
- Multi-site management
- The position requires an employee to travel to carry out the business of the company, as such access to and/or reliable transportation is required. The employee will adhere to the company’s Motor Vehicle Safety Policy and may be reimbursed (e.g., mileage) in accordance with company policies.
- Concentra Core Competencies of Service Mentality, Attention to Detail, Sense of Urgency, Initiative and Flexibility
- Ability to make decisions or solve problems by using logic to identify key facts, explore alternatives, and propose quality solutions
- Outstanding customer service skills as well as the ability to deal with people in a manner which shows tact and professionalism
- The ability to properly handle sensitive and confidential information (including HIPAA and PHI) in accordance with federal and state laws and company policies
- Strong service mentality and a focus on achieving all aspects of defined service standards
- Excellent telephone and personal etiquette
- Warm, positive, energetic demeanor
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Tactful and diplomatic communication style
- Outstanding professional demeanor
- Working knowledge of principles and practices of personnel recruitment, selection, coaching and other aspects of performance management
- Effective performance assessment skills
- Continued focus on self-development
- Proficient in computer applications such as Word and Excel
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks and work on multiple projects/tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment without direct supervision
- Ability to identify areas of opportunity, develop a plan of action to improve, implement and evaluate plan effectively
- Ability to resolve colleague, client and patient issues in an effective and timely manner.
- Work is performed in a clinical office/field environment
- Moderate travel (may include overnight) up to 25%
- Involves frequent telephone and in-person contact with clients, staff, vendors, consultants, and Management. Requires the ability to work in a demanding environment, to work a flexible schedule and to effectively resolve conflicts as they arise.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, walk, and stand. Occasional lifting up to 20 pounds. Corrected or normal vision is required in the performance of tasks inherent to office work. Requires moderate typing skills and manual dexterity to operate a keyboard, calculator, telephone, copier, and such other office equipment as necessary. It is necessary to view and type on computer screens for variable periods of time.
401(k) Retirement Plan with Employer Match
- Medical, Vision, Prescription, Telehealth, & Dental Plans
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off & Extended Illness Days Offered
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Commuter Benefits
- Dependent Care Spending Account
- Employee Discounts
Are you ready to make Concentra your final career destination? We look forward to working with you very soon.
This position is eligible to earn a base compensation rate in the state range of $133,000 to $185,000 annually depending on job-related factors as permitted by applicable law, such as level of experience, geographic location where the work is performed, and/or seniority.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans