Assistant Center Operations Director San Diego, CA
Are you looking for an operations role with a dynamic and growing company?
Concentra is the nation’s largest provider of workplace health services, and we are currently looking for an Assistant Center Operations Director to join our team! In this role, you will assist and support the Center Operations Director with ensuring that the optimal level of care and customer service is delivered to all customers. The Assistant Center Operations Director will assist with leading and managing center support staff and handling the daily operations of the medical facility. The Assistant Center Operations Director will also assist with coordinating center activities, general facility management, advising patient flow throughout the center and supporting the medical providers in the delivery of patient care. You'll have the opportunity for daily interaction with colleagues and patients through hands-on center activity including patient registration, checkout and patient care!
- Assists in planning and preparing work schedules and assigns colleagues to specific duties.
- Assists in ensuring the financial performance of the center.
- Assists in developing and maintaining new policies, procedures and training programs for the assigned center.
- Assists with hiring, training, and evaluating Center operations colleagues in consultation with Human Resources.
- Assists Center Operations Director with the hiring, training, disciplining and terminating of back office personnel.
- Assists in the preparation and review of operational reports and schedules to ensure accuracy and efficiency.
- Assists Center Operations Director in conjunction with Human Resources in the implementation of Human Resource policies and procedures for Center personnel.
- Assists in preparing annual budgets
- Assists with on-site tours and training of Center personnel to present clinic services to clients to ensure achievement of established goals.
- Provides technical support and/or resources to client and Center personnel.
- Assists with managing on-site nursing services provided by Center to client companies, including billing counseling, and supervision of on-site personnel.
- Administers testing by medical staff to ensure proper performance, and ensures all certifications are current and regulatory procedures are adhered.
- Assists in monitoring marketplace trends and gathers competitive information.
- Assists in coordinating and consolidating services with local vendors to obtain best prices for goods and services obtained.
- Facilitates productivity and customer service.
- Other duties as assigned. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Some college courses in Business Administration or related field
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field or equivalent directly related work experience preferred
- Customarily has at least one or more years of direct management experience
- Customarily has at least six months of healthcare experience
- Strong service mentality and a focus on achieving all aspects of defined service standards
- Excellent telephone and personal etiquette
- Warm, positive, energetic demeanor
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Tactful and diplomatic communication style
- Outstanding professional demeanor
- The ability to properly handle sensitive and confidential information (including HIPAA and PHI) in accordance with federal and state laws and company policies
- Working knowledge of principles and practices of personnel recruitment, selection, coaching and other aspects of performance management
- Effective performance assessment skills
- Continued focus on self-development
- Proficient in computer applications such as Word and Excel
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks and work on multiple projects/tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment without direct supervision
- Ability to identify areas of opportunity, develop a plan of action to improve, implement and evaluate plan effectively
- Ability to resolve colleague, client and patient issues in an effective and timely manner.
- Arithmetic knowledge and its application
- Work is performed in a clinical office environment
- Minimal travel (may include overnight) up to 10%
- Involves frequent telephone and in-person contact with clients, staff, vendors, consultants, and Management. Requires the ability to work in a fast paced environment, to work a flexible schedule and to effectively resolve conflicts as they arise.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, walk, and stand. Occasional lifting up to 20 pounds. Corrected or normal vision is required in the performance of tasks inherent to office work. Requires moderate typing skills and manual dexterity to operate a keyboard, calculator, telephone, copier, and such other office equipment as necessary. It is necessary to view and type on computer screens for variable periods of time.
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Paid Time Off/Holidays
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
If you’re looking for an organization that cares for your growth and well-being as much it does its patients, consider Concentra.
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans