Manager, Human Resources San Diego, CA Full Time EG
From our Dallas corporate headquarters to our clinics and worksite locations, Concentra colleagues remain focused on our driving purpose: to provide superb patient and employer experience by delivering the highest quality healthcare in an efficient, affordable, caring manner. We do this by putting all customers (internal and external) first and by displaying:
- A healing focus
- A selfless heart
- A tireless resolve
This position will provide Human Resources (HR) support to the site level Managers in a geographic region.
- Respond to HR related inquiries from site level management and employees
- Counsel colleagues on the interpretation and application of HR policies
- Employee Relations
- Advise and coach on all site level employee relation matters
- Guide and coach Managers on the disciplinary process including verbal, written and final PIPs
- Assist with delivery of disciplinary actions
- Prepare justification and paperwork for recommended terminations
- Provide support for site level involuntary terminations including obtaining final work hours
- Assist with HR investigations
- Execute corporate and regional initiatives
- Information Services (IS) Security Incidents
- Follow up on Data Loss Prevention (DLP) incidents and facilitate resolution involving issues. Ensures the employee has completed the required HIPAA/IS Attestation and/or refresher HIPAA course.
- Assist the Human Resources Coordinator with workers’ compensation as needed
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience in business administration, human resources, or related field
- In lieu of degree, four years of directly related work experience
- Strong understanding of federal employment laws and state-specific requirements of the applicable region
- Customarily three or more years of demonstrated general human resource experience
- Prior experience with employee and management coaching, the progressive disciplinary process as well as conducting human resource related investigations
- Must be well versed in multi-tasking
- Ideally has worked with remote employees
- Concentra Core Competencies of Service Mentality, Attention to Detail, Sense of Urgency, Initiative and Flexibility
- The ability to properly handle sensitive and confidential information (including HIPAA and PHI) in accordance with federal and state laws and company policies
- Ability to execute on business initiatives
- Ability to be an influential leader
- Strong service mentality
- Excellent telephone and personal etiquette
- High energy, articulate, professional demeanor and appearance, confident, easy to relate to, accustomed to a fast-paced multi-state environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and customer experience
- Knowledgeable of federal employment law and state-specific employment regulations as applicable to the assigned region
- Ability to analyze data and understand elements that influence the data outcomes.
- Proficient in computer applications such as Word and Excel
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks and work on multiple projects/tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment without direct supervision
- Ability to identify areas of opportunity, develop a plan of action to improve, implement and evaluate plan effectively
- Ability to provide counseling to leaders as they resolve colleague, client and patient issues in an effective and timely manner
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, talk and hear and utilize fingers for typing, flex or extend wrist to perform other job-related tasks. The employee is continuously required to use hands and fingers to feel, handle, or operate PC and office equipment; and reach with hands and arms. The ability to hear and understand with clarity and detect sound, and have conversations with staff, patients, customers, management, etc. The employee must occasionally lift and move up to 10 pounds. Normal or corrected vision to acceptable levels for common office work.
The mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. In this position, the employee may have imposed pressure on a routine and frequent basis to meet various deadlines, contact with people in stressful and unpredictable situations and to handle confidential and sensitive information and situations with care and protecting patient and employee data is critical.
Travel: Occasional overnight travel up to 20% by land or air is required of employee in this position. While traveling the employee may encounter varying weather conditions, road and walking surfaces and will need to adjust to those conditions (i.e., inclement weather, slippery surfaces, wet surfaces, uneven surfaces, humid, cold or hot temperatures, and other unknown weather conditions). Also, while traveling the employee will need to adjust to the physical demands that may include: lifting to place luggage in overhead bin(s), standing in line(s), walking, sitting for unknown periods of time, and other physical demands traveling may impose on a person.
The above statements for physical, mental and working conditions are subject to change based on office, clinical or external/internal factors and environments.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties, or responsibilities required for this position.
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Paid Time Off/Holidays
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/Disability/Veteran.