Float Medical Center Manager - Downtown Sacramento, CA
Please be advised, if you are viewing this position on Indeed, that the salary rate/range set forth herein was provided by Indeed. Concentra's market specific rate/range will be provided during the interview process.
From our Dallas corporate headquarters to our clinics and worksite locations, Concentra colleagues remain focused on our driving purpose: to provide superb patient and employer experience by delivering the highest quality healthcare in an efficient, affordable, caring manner. We do this by putting all customers (internal and external) first and by displaying:
o A healing focus
o A selfless heart
o A tireless resolve
The role of the Center Operations Director is to ensure that the optimal level of care and customer service is delivered to all customers. The Center Operations Director leads and
manages all center support staff and oversees the daily operations of the medical facility. The Center Operations Director is also responsible for coordinating center activities, general facility management, overseeing patient flow throughout the center, and supporting the medical and therapy providers in the delivery of patient care. Daily interaction with colleagues and patients is required through hands-on center activity including patient registration, checkout and patient care.
• Spends 80% of their time in patient areas ensuring every patient and client is provided with exceptional experience, leads by example and holds staff accountable to service delivery standards.
• Supports day-to-day execution of the medical model by collaborating with and supporting our clinicians to drive optimal clinical outcomes and case closure.
• Works with clinicians to support staff competency in regards, to all patient care needs.
• Creates a professional and collaborative working environment with full colleague participation that promotes teamwork, quality, exceptional outcomes, and patient safety.
• Manages key operations metrics and holds staff accountable: TAT, NPS, NPER and other metrics as determined by senior leadership.
• Works with leadership to identify gaps and implement changes to ensure optimal patient care.
• Ensures compliance with state regulations, reporting and facility/equipment meets the standards for optimal patient care.
• Works with leadership on all scheduling (including patients, clinicians and staff) to ensure efficient and effective clinical support, optimal turnaround times and exceptional patient experience.
• Drives patient experience metrics by monitoring, analyzing and taking action to resolve issues related to turnaround times. Specifically monitoring center status, wait time communication, white board and service package expectations.
• Coordinates and prepares material for CLT meetings with the goal of improving quality, patient safety, outlier management, and ensures ongoing development to achieve the center’s business plan.
• Maintains and cultivates relationships with Center clients and payers while responding to requests within 24 hours.
• Works with DO and CLT to manage clinical and support staffing levels and proficiencies that will optimize patient satisfaction, workflows, and efficiencies.
• Promotes, cultivates, and exemplifies Orange Book values for all center colleagues.
• Develops colleague success through all aspects of the talent life cycle for center staff including recruiting, hiring, onboarding, orientation, mentoring/development, engagement, retention, performance management and succession planning.
• Drives consistent center communication that will result in optimal patient/customer care, satisfaction and business outcomes.
• Fosters an environment of collaboration, professionalism, patient/colleague safety, quality care, continuous improvement and reward and recognition.
• Accountable for center financial drivers (Employer NPS, NPER, TAT, Total Visits, Net Revenue) and review of key indicator reports in order achieve annual business plan.
• P&L ownership and financial responsibility for center budget and key business metrics.
• Maintains accountability for implementing and consistently maintaining center initiatives and work flows.
• This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties,
responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
• Bachelor’s degree business administration or related field from an accredited college/university or equivalent experience
• In lieu of an undergraduate degree, the ratio is 1:1 meaning one year of college is equal to one year of experience and vice versa
• Customarily has at least three or more years of direct management experience
• Healthcare experience preferred
• Strong service mentality and a focus on achieving all aspects of defined service standards
• Excellent telephone and personal etiquette
• Warm, positive, energetic demeanor
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Tactful and diplomatic communication style
• Outstanding professional demeanor
• The ability to properly handle sensitive and confidential information (including HIPAA and PHI) in accordance with federal and state laws and company policies
• Working knowledge of principles and practices of personnel recruitment, selection, coaching and other aspects of performance management
• Effective performance assessment skills
• Continued focus on self-development
• Proficient in computer applications such as Word and Excel
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks and work on multiple projects/tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment without direct supervision
• Ability to identify areas of opportunity, develop a plan of action to improve, implement and evaluate plan effectively
• Ability to resolve colleague, client and patient issues in an effective and timely manner.
• Arithmetic knowledge and its application
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Paid Time Off/Holidays
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
- Center Achievement Bonuses
This position is eligible to earn a base compensation rate in the state range of $34.24 to $50.47 annually depending on job-related factors as permitted by applicable law, such as level of experience, geographic location where the work is performed, and/or seniority.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans