Concentra, one of the largest health care companies in the nation, is looking for a Float Physician Assistant who will provide comfort and care to patients when they need it most. As a Float Physician Assistant, you will be the go-to provider for examinations as you work one-on-one helping patients. The treatments you provide, based on the exam results you and your team review and interpret collaboratively, will make a huge impact on the wellbeing of your patients.
At Concentra, you are not only rewarded by helping thousands of patients feel better each year, but you are also recognized as a key contributor within the company. Hone your skills with the chance to join medical expert panels, educate colleagues, and more. Whatever your career goals may be, Concentra will help you get there.
Concentra’s wide network of clinics ensure career growth opportunities and a healthy work-life balance.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND CONDITIONS:
- Clinic environment
- Supports center physicians and performs tasks traditionally performed by physicians.
- Engages in direct patient care:Performs physical, mental status and medical history examinations; makes records of findings subsequently reviewed and countersigned by supervising physician;
- Orders and interprets laboratory studies/examinations to determine treatment, orders medication and other forms of treatment as ordered by the physician;
- Follows patient progress and makes changes in treatment as necessary;
- Applies local anesthetic, examines and cleans wounds, incises and drains abscesses and sutures;
- Performs duties as required by supervising physician.
- Assists in scheduling and coverage for Company or Association owned clinics/centers.
- Participates in the “on call” program to facilitate after hours and weekend case care.
- Works with Center Medical Director (CMD) to develop, implement and revise policy and helps ensure operations adhere to policy and standards of occupational medicine, Association and Concentra.
- Meets with Concentra physician leadership to review quality of care and participates in quality assurance processes.
- Develops or improves services delivered at the Center.
- Participates in and assists with continuing education programs for physicians, nurses and other personnel employed by Association or Concentra.
- Recommends potential growth for new and/or existing services.
- Reviews and submits statistical reports on center activities to Concentra and Association as requested.
- Helps ensure center’s compliance with licensing, certification and accrediting bodies.
- Meets with employers to discuss health and safety needs and conducts work place on-site assessments.
Calls client representatives following employee treatment for initial injury or return to work status
Two to five years of experience in primary care, occupational medicine, urgent care, or an emergency medicine setting is preferred
- Licensure requirements of the state of jurisdiction
- Graduate of accredited PA program of accredited university
- Board Certification or eligibility
- Training Provided in Our World-Class Occupational Medicine Process Management Model
- Production and Center Achievement Bonuses
- Medical Malpractice Coverage
- CME Allowance/Time
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Paid Time Off /Holidays
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
If you’re looking for an organization that cares for your growth and well-being as much it does its patients, consider Concentra.
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Veterans/Disabled