Medical Billing Specialist
Please be advised, if you are viewing this position on Indeed, that the salary rate/range set forth herein was provided by Indeed. Concentra's market specific rate/range will be provided during the interview process.
From our Dallas corporate headquarters to our clinics and worksite locations, Concentra colleagues remain focused on our driving purpose: to provide superb patient and employer experience by delivering the highest quality healthcare in an efficient, affordable, caring manner. We do this by putting all customers (internal and external) first and by displaying:
o A healing focus
o A selfless heart
o A tireless resolve
Under indirect supervision performs a variety of basic to complex processing tasks related to ensuring timely and accurate billing and reconciliation of discrepancies in accordance with Concentra Medical Compliance Administration practices, policies and procedures. Works closely with the Central Billing Office to report monthly financials.
• Process monthly billing for substance abuse testing
• Provide solutions to resolve billing questions for clients
• Respond to client communication promptly and efficiently
• Verify the data input in the accounting system to ensure accuracy of client billing
• Issue invoice and send to clients through various channels (mail, email, etc.)
• Manage the status of client accounts and identify inconsistencies
• Update accounting records with client information
• Provide support in training new employees and assisting peers
• This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
• Associate degree with major courses in business administration, accounting, or related-field from an accredited college or equivalent. Associate degree is preferred.
• In lieu of an undergraduate degree, the ratio is 1:1, meaning one year of college equals one year of experience.
• Customarily has at least two or more years of demonstrated experience with all billing functions
• Experience with complex client billing, preferred
• Concentra Core Competencies of Service Mentality, Attention to Detail, Sense of Urgency, Initiative and Flexibility
• The ability to properly handle sensitive and confidential information (including HIPAA and PHI) in accordance with federal and state laws, compliance guidelines, and company policies
• Intermediate knowledge and skills in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel
• Ability to communicate effectively
• Excellent computer, organizational and planning skills
• Ability to make decisions or solve problems by using logic to identify key facts, explore alternatives, and propose quality solutions
• Outstanding customer service skills as well as the ability to deal with people in a manner which shows tact and professionalism
• Ability to assist peers
• Ability to work all billing requirements and reports
• Excellent writing and documentation skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to handle multiple tasks, projects, duties, and priorities
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Paid Time Off
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
This position is eligible to earn a base compensation rate in the range of $19.33 to $25.12 hourly depending on job-related factors as permitted by applicable law, such as level of experience, geographic location where the work is performed, and/or seniority.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans