Medical Billing Specialist
Do you want to use your problem solving skills and knowledge of finance to help heal America's workforce? At Concentra, we serve more than 500 medical centers and 130 onsite clinics nationwide. Concentra colleagues remain fueled by our driving purpose: to provide outstanding patient experience by delivering the highest quality healthcare in an efficient, affordable, and caring manner. We do this by putting all customers first.
Performs a variety of basic to complex processing tasks related to ensuring timely and accurate billing and reconciliation of discrepancies. This includes electronic, paper and invoice billing, as well as re-billing tasks. The position requires excellent communication, customer service and organization skills. All tasks must be performed in a timely and accurate manner in accordance with Concentra and Central Business Office practices, policies, and procedures.
- Process daily occupational medicine and employer service original billing. This includes EDI, paper, spreadsheet, and client invoicing, as well as any approved exception billing requests for customers.
- Monitor trading partner portals for missing attachments, rejections or denied claims to identify root causes, fix and bill both timely and accurately
- Process routine rebill cycles for central business office
- Provide solutions to resolve billing questions for clients and respond to client communication promptly and efficiently
- Issue customer/payer invoices and send to clients/partners through various channels (mail, email, etc.). Manage the status of client accounts and identify inconsistencies
- Provide support in training new employees and assisting peers
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Some college or specialty training in medical billing or equivalent job relevant experience preferred
- Customarily has at least one or more years of experience with all billing functions in revenue cycle
- Experience with multiple locations, and knowledge of CPT/HCPCS and Diagnosis coding
- Concentra Core Competencies of Service Mentality, Attention to Detail, Sense of Urgency, Initiative and Flexibility
- Ability to make decisions or solve problems by using logic to identify key facts, explore alternatives, and propose quality solutions
- Outstanding customer service skills as well as the ability to deal with people in a manner which shows tact and professionalism
- The ability to properly handle sensitive and confidential information (including HIPAA and PHI) in accordance with federal and state laws and company policies
- Intermediate knowledge and skills in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Excellent computer, organizational and planning skills
- Ability to assist peers
- Ability to work all billing requirements and reports
- Excellent writing and documentation skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, projects, duties, and priorities
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Employer Match
- Medical, Vision, Prescription, Telehealth, & Dental Plans
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off & Extended Illness Days Offered
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Commuter Benefits
- Dependent Care Spending Account
- Employee Discounts
This job requires access to confidential and critical information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.