Please be advised, if you are viewing this position on Indeed, that the salary rate/range set forth herein was provided by Indeed. Concentra's market specific rate/range will be provided during the interview process.
Do you want to apply your skills and knowledge of healthcare to help improve the health of America's workforce? With a national footprint of more than 500 medical centers and more than 130 onsite clinics nationwide, Concentra colleagues are fueled by our drive to provide an exceptional experience for our customers and exceptional care for their employees. We're in the amazing position for a future filled with growth and success. Bring your talent to Concentra, one of the largest health care providers in the nation and find out just how far it can take you. Are you ready to be a part of the team?
Concentra has an opening for a Lead Limited Scope X-Ray Technician When you build your career with Concentra, you will utilize both your X-Ray and Medical Assistant training to learn and grow alongside a dedicated team, making a positive impact on our patient experience, their quality of care and happiness.
- Work one-on-one with patients as a health care provider
- Apply X-rays to patients for diagnostic purposes
- Monitor the flow of onboarding patients and delivering routine medical care
- Handle blood draws, injections, EKGs, vitals, drug screens, rooming patients and much more.
• Performs ancillary testing and tasks (including but not limited to vaccines and injections, PFTs, phlebotomy, audiogram testing and respirator fit testing) as ordered by treating clinicians.
• Performs rapid screening tests (influenza, strep, mono, glucose, etc.)
• Prepares patients for physical examinations, including taking vital signs and performing all required testing.
• Responsible for performing routine medical procedures as ordered by treating clinician.
• Triages and dispositions all patients.
• Assists providers during examination and treatment.
• Prepares for and assists clinician with surgery set up and injury care.
• Applies bandages, dressings and splints as ordered by the treating clinician.
• Dispenses medications and appliances as ordered by the treating clinician and in accordance with state regulations.
• Performs DOT and Non-DOT drug and alcohol testing.
• Maintains and operates all medical devices and equipment, including calibration and record keeping in accordance with current policy and procedures.
• Completes quality assurance activities on equipment and medical devices as well as testing processes used in the center.
• Maintains supplies, cleans rooms and equipment, and stocks exam rooms.
• Notifies supervisor immediately if equipment is not functioning properly, supplies are needed, or facility is not operating as expected.
• Manages patient flow and volume. Keeps patients informed of expected wait times
• Responsible for clerical tasks in both the front and back office associated with patient care and proper record keeping. Ensures accuracy in documentation.
• Cross trained to perform Front Office duties including greeting patients, obtaining authorization, check in/out, communicating wait times, etc.
• Answers telephone as needed.
• Attends center staff meetings as required.
• Assists in maintaining a neat, clean and orderly appearance throughout the facility.
• This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Prepares patients for X-Ray exams, positions patients based upon the type of procedure to be performed.
• Administers routine X-Ray exams as ordered by the treating clinician.
• Adjusts switches regulating length and intensity of exposure.
• Maintains quality assurance by performing appropriate validity tests and keeping quality
assurance records, as required by Concentra X-Ray Compliance Manual.
• Maintains radiological film files and storage, pulls X-Rays as requested for referrals and/or copying.
• Keep logs for X-Rays sent out for referrals. Positions patient under X-Ray machine, adjusts immobilization devices, and provides appropriate radiation protection.
• Administers drugs or chemical mixtures orally or as enemas to render organs opaque.
• Assists in treating diseased or affected areas of body under supervision of Physician, by exposing area to specified concentrations of x-rays for prescribed periods of time.
• Prepares reports and maintains records of services rendered.
• Keeps logs for X-Rays sent out for referrals.
• Supervises back office personnel under the direction of the Center Medical Director and/or Center Operations Director.
• Assigns duties and responsibilities for back office staff while monitoring patient flow.
• Responsible for maintenance of all medical equipment and medical devices.
• Responsible for ensuring safety and accuracy in testing/treating patients by ensuring performance of daily, weekly, monthly maintenance and QC/QA activities.
• Ensures that the medical center maintains appropriate stocking of supplies, equipment, medications, testing and treatment equipment for safe and proper patient treatment.
- Limited Medical Radiologic Technologist Certificate (LMRT) or Certification from similar Radiologic Technology Program.
The experience you will gain is limitless, as are the career advantages with Concentra. In addition to a full medical plan with a 401(k) employer match, we offer career advantages that are second to none:
- Be part of a committed team that’s growing fast and making a difference
- Work with leading edge technologies and continuously advance your knowledge and skills
- Perform medical procedures beyond the traditional role
This position is eligible to earn a base compensation rate in the state range of $19.96 to $28.97 hourly depending on job-related factors as permitted by applicable law, such as level of experience, geographic location where the work is performed, and/or seniority.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans