Medical Assistant - Moreno Valley Per Diem
We're in the amazing position for a future filled with growth and success. Bring your talent to Concentra, one of the largest health care providers in the nation and find out just how far it can take you. Are you ready to be a part of the team?
Concentra has an opening for a Medical Support Specialist. When you build your career with Concentra, you will utilize your Medical Assistant training to learn and grow alongside a dedicated team, making a positive impact on our patient experience, their quality of care and happiness.
As a Medical Assistant you will:
- Work one-on-one with patients as a health care provider
- Monitor the flow of onboarding patients and delivering routine medical care
- Handle blood draws, injections, EKGs, vitals, drug screens, rooming patients and much more.
Keywords: MA | Medical Assistant | Front Office | Admin | Support
- Our Medical Assistant greet our patients, obtain their medical histories and verify patient information
- Prepares patients for physical examinations, including taking vital signs and performing all required testing
- Provide assistance during examinations and treatment
- Perform ancillary testing and tasks as directed by the Center Medical Director (including but not limited to PFT, EKG, injections, audiograms, blood draws, etc.) and as certified
- Performs DOT and Non-DOT drug and alcohol testing
- In addition to Medical Assistant duties, you will be cross trained to perform Front Office duties including greeting patients, obtaining authorization, check in/out, communication of wait times, etc.
• High school graduate or GED equivalent
• Prefer applicants who are conversationally fluent, can read and write in both English and Spanish
• Working knowledge of occupational medicine requirements (state specific)
• Previous medical office experience
• Concentra Core Competencies of Service Mentality, Attention to Detail, Sense of Urgency, Initiative and Flexibility
• Ability to make decisions or solve problems by using logic to identify key facts, explore alternatives, and propose quality solutions
• Outstanding customer service skills as well as the ability to deal with people in a manner which shows tact and professionalism
• The ability to properly handle sensitive and confidential information (including HIPAA and PHI) in accordance with federal and state laws and company policies
• Demonstrated willingness to participate in initial and ongoing training as required.
• Demonstrated effective communication and interaction with employers, patients, providers and other employees.
• Demonstrated ability to maintain working relationship with all levels of employees.
• Demonstrated excellent customer service skills
• Demonstrated computer skills
• Must successfully complete orientation and training as well as demonstrate competency in all required tasks.
Prefer applicants who are conversationally fluent, can read and write in both English and Spanish
The experience you will gain is limitless, as are the career advantages with Concentra. In addition to a full medical plan with a 401(k) employer match, we offer career advantages that are second to none:
- Be part of a committed team that’s growing fast and making a difference
- At many locations, you’ll enjoy a M-F schedule – your weekends are all yours
- Work with leading edge technologies and continuously advance your knowledge and skills
- Perform medical procedures beyond the traditional role
This position is eligible to earn a base compensation rate in the state range of $19.53 to $25.39 hourly depending on job-related factors as permitted by applicable law, such as level of experience, geographic location where the work is performed, and/or seniority.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans