Regional Radiology Manager - California Market
Please be advised, if you are viewing this position on Indeed, that the salary rate/range set forth herein was provided by Indeed. Concentra's market specific rate/range will be provided during the interview process.
From our Dallas corporate headquarters to our clinics and worksite locations, Concentra colleagues remain focused on our driving purpose: to provide superb patient and employer experience by delivering the highest quality healthcare in an efficient, affordable, caring manner. We do this by putting all customers (internal and external) first and by displaying:
• A healing focus
• A selfless heart
• A tireless resolve
The Regional Radiology Manager manages all radiology functions for Concentra clinics in assigned regions including training and support of all radiology colleagues in accordance with Concentra policies, practices and procedures and appropriate federal, state, and local regulations. The position is responsible for local, state, and federal compliance issues, vendor contacts, x-ray equipment, operator credentialing and orientation. The Regional Manager works closely with regional operations and medical leadership to assess and assist in fulfilling all radiology needs.
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Paid Time Off/Holidays
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
This position is eligible to earn a base compensation rate in the state range of $97,219 to $128,315 annually depending on job-related factors as permitted by applicable law, such as level of experience, geographic location where the work is performed, and/or seniority.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans
- Ensure radiology compliance with all local, state and federal regulations and requirements across all of Concentra business units
- Educate radiology colleagues on safety and maintain adherence to radiation safety and radiation protection for all markets in designated region
- Oversee field compliance with operational policies, procedures and training programs relating to radiology
- Resolve all radiology questions and concerns on products, equipment, and services for all facilities, x-ray technologists, administrators, and physicians
- Work with real estate, operations, contractors and various teams regarding digital and analog x-ray installation
- Train x-ray staff and clinicians on new digital x-ray equipment and Picture Archiving and Communication System (PACS) as well as existing analog equipment and trouble shoot equipment and PACS related issues
- Visit facilities in the region as needed to assess various equipment and compliance issues
- Obtain and evaluate weekly and monthly reports to diagnose challenges within each region
- Provide orientation for newly hired radiographers and existing x-ray personnel as requested
- Maintain and update field-based equipment tracking tool and ensure that all x-ray equipment is serviced regularly and is in good, working condition
- Communicate and coordinate with radiologists and B readers on technical and quality issues
- Perform audit of equipment and procedures during market visits to ensure compliance with regulations and Concentra policy
- Ensure proper credentialing and compliance with state guidelines related to radiology staff
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- A graduate of an Associate degree program that is accredited by the JRCERT
- A graduate of a Bachelor degree program preferred
- Registered with The American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) and has active and valid certification where employed in accordance with applicable state laws of practice
- Must maintain a valid and current ARRT certification throughout the course of employment
- Customarily has three or more years of experience as a Radiologic Technologist
- Knowledge of various state regulations relating to Radiation compliance preferred
- Knowledge of various state x-ray personnel licensing and credentialing requirements preferred
- Concentra Core Competencies of Service Mentality, Attention to Detail, Sense of Urgency, Initiative and Flexibility
- Ability to make decisions or solve problems by using logic to identify key facts, explore alternatives, and propose quality solutions
- Outstanding customer service skills as well as the ability to deal with people in a manner which shows tact and professionalism
- The ability to properly handle sensitive and confidential information (including HIPAA and PHI) in accordance with federal and state laws and company policies
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of health care delivery in an ambulatory setting
- Extensive knowledge of technical and quality assurance issues related to all areas of health care, with particular interest in Radiology services
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to develop and present technical information
- Acute attention to detail and organizational skills
- Possesses innovative and creative thinking with exceptional problem-solving skills
- Ability to resolve issues in an effective and timely manner
- Demonstrated team player in a multidisciplinary environment
- Ability to meet deadlines and work in a structured corporate environment
- Proficient in computer application skills to include but not limited to Excel, Word, Power Point, etc.
Heavy overnight travel up to 50% by land or air is required of employee in this position. While traveling the employee may encounter varying weather conditions, road and walking surfaces and will need to adjust to those conditions (i.e., inclement weather, slippery surfaces, wet surfaces, uneven surfaces, humid, cold, or hot temperatures, etc.). Also, while traveling the employee will need to adjust to the physical demands that may include lifting to place luggage in overhead bin(s), standing in line(s), walking, sitting for unknown periods of time, and other physical demands that traveling may impose
on a person. The above statements for physical, mental, and working conditions are subject to change based on office, clinical or external/internal factors and environments.