Employee Relations Specialist Los Angeles CA Full Time
From our Dallas corporate headquarters to our clinics and worksite locations, Concentra colleagues remain focused on our driving purpose: to provide superb patient and employer experience by delivering the highest quality healthcare in an efficient, affordable, caring manner. We do this by putting all customers (internal and external) first and by displaying:
- A healing focus
- A selfless heart
- A tireless resolve
This position will provide Human Resources (HR) support to the site level Managers in a geographic region.
- Respond to HR related inquiries from site level management and employees
- Counsel colleagues on the interpretation and application of HR policies
- Employee Relations
- Advise and coach on all site level employee relation matters
- Guide and coach Managers on the disciplinary process including verbal, written and final PIPs
- Assist with delivery of disciplinary actions
- Prepare justification and paperwork for recommended terminations
- Provide support for site level involuntary terminations including obtaining final work hours
- Assist with HR investigations
- Execute corporate and regional initiatives
- Assist the Human Resources Coordinator with workers’ compensation as needed
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience in business administration, human resources, or related field
- In lieu of degree, four years of directly related work experience
- Strong understanding of federal employment laws and state-specific requirements of the applicable region
This is the ideal position for someone who is looking to expand their experience in employee relations, someone who is passionate about “doing the right thing”, remains cool under pressure, enjoys mentoring and coaching as well as building relationships.
- Prior experience with employee and management coaching, the progressive disciplinary process as well as conducting human resource related investigations
- Must be well versed in multi-tasking
- Must have excellent in person, phone and written communication skills
- Must be highly organized
- Ideally has worked with remote employees
- Ideally has healthcare experience
- Concentra Core Competencies of Service Mentality, Attention to Detail, Sense of Urgency, Initiative and Flexibility
- The ability to properly handle sensitive and confidential information (including HIPAA and PHI) in accordance with federal and state laws and company policies
- Ability to execute on business initiatives
- Ability to be an influential leader
- Strong service mentality
- Excellent telephone and personal etiquette
- High energy, articulate, professional demeanor and appearance, confident, easy to relate to, accustomed to a fast-paced multi-state environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and customer experience
- Knowledgeable of federal employment law and state-specific employment regulations as applicable to the assigned region
- Ability to analyze data and understand elements that influence the data outcomes.
- Proficient in computer applications such as Word and Excel
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks and work on multiple projects/tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment without direct supervision
- Ability to identify areas of opportunity, develop a plan of action to improve, implement and evaluate plan effectively
- Ability to provide counseling to leaders as they resolve colleague, client and patient issues in an effective and timely manner
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Paid Time Off/Holidays
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/Disability/Veteran.