Valor Healthcare has provided industry-leading Primary Care services to Veterans since its founding in 2004. Veteran-led and clinician-managed, we deliver compassionate, expert medical care, establishing personal bonds with our Veterans in our Community Based Outpatient Clinics. We consistently achieve our goal for the best coordinated Veterans healthcare in the industry, and we are excited to discover first-rate teammates to join our group.
We offer a M-F schedule and our clinics are open from 8-4:30 with no call, no evening or weekend work, and we observe all federal holidays with pay. We offer a rewarding culture of caring and service to our most deserving population, America’s Veterans.
Additional Benefits include:
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Competitive Wages
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Paid Time Off
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
As a Licensed Professional Mental Health Counselor with Valor Healthcare you will provide direct care to the Mental Health Primary Care (MH-PC) veteran population seen at this clinic. This is a rewarding atmosphere of giving and service, ensuring that America’s Veterans receive the highest quality of healthcare.
- Assist in the delivery of evidence based care for primary care patients identified with a variety of emotional and psychiatric problems including depression, anxiety disorders, alcohol misuse, etc.
- Provide quality psychosocial assessments, crisis intervention, brief intervention and education and support, and monitoring of patients.
- Ensure adherence to guidelines by providing "on-time, on-target" information to primary care physicians, and collaboratively making appropriate care decisions.
- Collaboration of care is accomplished with other members of the MH-PC Treatment Team or other interdisciplinary treatment teams through involvement in Primary Care daily huddles, weekly or monthly staff meetings.
- Demonstrates clinical knowledge in the profession, provides consultation and guidance to colleagues, role models effective clinical practice skills, teaches or provides orientation to less experienced clinicians, develops innovations in practice interventions, and may provide clinical supervision if the position requires.
- The LPMHC aids in the clinical program development by providing input into the program effectiveness for modification of service patterns. He/She may be assigned in settings where they have no access to direct clinical supervision. He/She may be assigned to work with special patient populations with highly complex health or mental health problems
- Three years of professional mental health counseling
- Advanced practice skills and judgement
- Current, full and unrestricted license to independently practice mental health counseling, which includes diagnosis and treatment in the state of practice
- Master’s degree in mental health counseling, or a related field, from a program accredited by the Council on Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP).
- Ability to make professional evaluations, decisions, and recommendation for treatment planning and implementation
- Advanced knowledge and mastery of the fundamentals of the counseling process which includes defining patient/family problems and maintaining an effective counseling relationship.
- Ability to provide complex crisis intervention and stabilization to patients who are in psychological distress.
- Ability to establish goals/treatment through a collaborative process with the patient utilizing advanced counseling skills, including evidenced-based practices and screening/assessment.
- Ability to use a wide variety of individual, group, or familial counseling interventions; demonstrates sensitivity to diversity and possesses multicultural counseling skills.
- Ability to fully utilize the current DSM in making diagnoses and formulation of treatment goals and application of appropriate clinical intervention using professional counseling practices.
- Ability to develop and deliver psycho-education groups that include life skills, family support, and community integration.
If you’re looking for an organization that cares for your growth and well-being as much it does its patients, Apply Today!
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information requiring on going discretion and secure information management.