Physical Therapist Director of Therapy Operations Outpatient Orthopedics Orange Cty., CA
From our Dallas corporate headquarters to our clinics and worksite locations, Concentra colleagues remain focused on our driving purpose: to provide superb patient and employer experience by delivering the highest quality healthcare in an efficient, affordable, caring manner. We do this by putting all customers (internal and external) first and by displaying:
- A healing focus
- A selfless heart
- A tireless resolve
Builds clinical teams focused on service delivery, driving key business metrics, clinician support and growing core business. Also responsible for implementation of strategy and maintaining internal and external relationships across the markets. Ensures superb patient care, satisfaction, and employer experience. Accountable for therapy management of all sites (centers and onsites) within area of responsibility. 100% G&A with 80% of the time spent at sites.
- Ensures quality and patient safety through the execution of therapy model across markets and service lines.
- Manages key clinical metrics and holds therapists accountable for % MS Referred, Visits per Case, % Therapy SDE, % Seen, TOP and other disability management and referral pattern metrics delivered by Clinical Analytics.
- Monitors clinical outcomes and intervenes in outlier cases.
- Maintains clinical competence in patient care and EMR/PM systems which allows to coach and fill in as needed, and identify need for Coding and EMR specialists intervention for field re-training.
- Participates in appropriate risk management activities.
- Drives patient and client experience and satisfaction metrics such as TAT, NPS, NPER, ENPS.
- Mentors therapists on Perfect PT visit and service delivery.
- Works collaboratively with medical and operations to ensure appropriate support and work flows to foster caring environment for treatment.
- Maintains and leverages relationships with employers, payers, referral sources, networks, local communities, etc. to drive market growth while responding to requests within 24 hours.
- Mentors and coaches therapists regarding the therapy model, outcomes, business metrics, patient/client satisfaction and center management.
- Develops colleague success through all aspects of the talent life cycle for therapy within the region including recruiting, hiring, onboarding, orientation, mentoring/development, engagement, retention, performance management and succession planning.
- Ensures patient care delivery teams are functioning at an optimal level.
- Fosters an environment of collaboration, professionalism, patient/colleague safety, quality care, continuous improvement and reward and recognition.
- Leads and promotes collaboration across multiple disciplines and teams to achieve clinical and business outcomes.
- Develops and executes action plans to address gaps in financial performance and growth across service lines to achieve the annual business plan.
- Plans and executes strategies as well as new clinical and business processes within the region.
- Manages therapy staffing and personnel costs.
- Manages and monitors key clinical metrics including efficiencies, cost per encounter, coding and documentation, and others, while understanding the relationship between these and financial outcomes.
- Direct reports: Varies
- Budget responsibility: Yes
Working conditions/physical demands
- Clinical environment
- Licensure requirements of jurisdiction
- Five years-clinical experience without occupational health background or three years with occupational health experience
- Demonstrated outstanding clinical knowledge of physical/occupational therapy services
- Demonstrated outstanding dedication to Concentra’s philosophy of therapy in occupational medicine
- Demonstrated outstanding interest in the leadership of therapy staff
- Demonstrated leadership qualities and administrative abilities to the job responsibilities as described
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills and the ability to exercise proper judgment, make decisions, and motivate employees
- Medical Malpractice Coverage
- CME Allowance/Time
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Paid Time Off/Holidays
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
If you’re looking for an organization that cares for your growth and well-being as much it does its patients, Apply Today!
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Veterans/Disabled