X Ray Technologist Limited Scope Bakersfield, CA with Sign on Bonus
Concentra, one of the largest health care companies in the nation, has an opening for a Limited Scope X Ray Technologist. As a Limited Scope X Ray Technologist, you will learn and grow alongside the Center Operations Director, making a positive difference in the patient experience and quality of care.
Applies X-rays to patients for diagnostic purposes as directed by physician and concurrent with Concentra medical protocols in accordance with Concentra policies, practices and procedures and applicable regulations.
If you’re looking for an organization that cares for your growth and well-being as much it does its patients, consider Concentra.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Positions patient under X-Ray machine, adjusts immobilization devices, and provides appropriate radiation protection.
- Administers routine X-Ray exams, assists in physical exams, assists physician in treatment of injured patients by giving injections, changing dressings, or removing sutures under the physicians or nurse’s directions.
- Adjusts switches regulating length and intensity of exposure. Makes minor adjustments to equipment.
- Prepares reports and maintains records of services rendered.
- Maintains radiological film files and storage, pulls X-Rays as required for referrals and/or copying.
- Keeps logs for X-Rays sent out for referrals.
- Performs ancillary testing and tasks (including but not limited to vaccines and injections, phlebotomy, PFTs, audiogram testing and respirator fit testing) as ordered by treating clinicians.
- Prepares patients for physical examinations, including taking vital signs and performing all required testing.
- Performs DOT and Non-DOT drug and alcohol testing.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of accredited program for X-Ray technicians.
- Licensed in accordance with state of jurisdiction.
- Medical Assistant Certification/License in accordance to state requirements and applicable regulations of jurisdiction.
- Limited Medical Radiologic Technologist Certificate (LMRT) or Certification from similar Radiologic Technology Program.
- 6 months experience in X-Ray department preferred
- 6 months experience in clinical operations or medical office work preferred
DEMONSTRATED JOB-RELATED SKILLS/COMPETENCIES:
- Familiar with routine medical procedures
- Operation and control of equipment
- Effective speaking to convey information
- Equipment operation monitoring
- Reading comprehension
- Active listening
- Social perceptiveness
- Technology design abilities to generate or adapt equipment and technology to serve user needs
- Written comprehension
- Information ordering
- Speech clarity
- Service orientation
- Clinic environment
- Spend significant amount of time standing
- Wearing of specialized protective equipment
- Use hands to control handle or feel objects, tools or controls
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Paid Time Off
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information requiring on going discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Veterans/Disabled