Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
Please be advised, if you are viewing this position on Indeed, that the salary rate/range set forth herein was provided by Indeed. Concentra's market specific rate/range will be provided during the interview process.
From our Dallas corporate headquarters to our clinics and worksite locations, Concentra colleagues remain focused on our driving purpose: to provide superb patient and employer experience by delivering the highest quality healthcare in an efficient, affordable, caring manner. We do this by putting all customers (internal and external) first and by displaying:
o A healing focus
o A selfless heart
o A tireless resolve
Initiates, develops and implements nursing care plans in accordance with state laws and concurrent with Concentra medical protocols in accordance with Concentra policies, practices and procedures and applicable.
- Training Provided in Our World-Class Occupational Medicine Process Management Model
- Production and Center Achievement Bonuses
- Medical Malpractice Coverage
- CME Allowance/Time
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Paid Time Off /Holidays
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
This position is eligible to earn a base compensation rate in the range of $135,000 to $ 176,000 annually depending on job-related factors as permitted by applicable law, such as level of experience, geographic location where the work is performed, and/or seniority.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans
• Administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with approved nursing techniques and protocols.
• Observes and evaluates patient, records condition and reaction to drugs, treatments, and significant incidents
• Evaluates outcome of patient care
• Performs physical examinations and preventive health measures within prescribed guidelines and instructions of physician.
• May direct nursing care through nursing staff
• Prescribes or recommends drugs or other forms of treatment such as physical therapy, inhalation therapy or related therapeutic procedures.
• Arranges referrals, consultations, therapeutic services and confers with other specialists on course of care and treatment.
• Draws blood and prepares appropriate paperwork for laboratory pick-up.
• Performs urine drug screens, using proper chain of custody; ensures preparation for pick-up and shipment to appropriate laboratory.
• Assists in medical record maintenance by keeping health, administrative, and program records onsite, safeguarding confidentiality of employee health information.
• Dispenses medications as directed by practitioner and in accordance with state regulations.
• Maintains and operates all clinical equipment, including calibration and record keeping in accordance with current policy and procedures.
• Performs ancillary testing and tasks as ordered by the Center Medical Director ( PFT, EKG, injections, audiograms, blood draws) in accordance with established policies and procedures.
• This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
• Bachelors’ degree in Nursing or related health field from an accredited college or university
• Master’s Degree in nursing or related health field from an accredited college or university
• Graduate of an accredited Nurse Practitioner program
• Current licensed nurse practitioner in the state where employed and in accordance with state laws of practice
• Must maintain work state nurse practitioner licensure throughout the course of employment
• Customarily has at least two years of demonstrated experience in occupational medicine, urgent care or an emergency setting
• Concentra Core Competencies of Service Mentality, Attention to Detail, Sense of Urgency, Initiative and Flexibility
• Ability to make decisions or solve problems by using logic to identify key facts, explore alternatives, and propose quality solutions
• Outstanding customer service skills as well as the ability to deal with people in a manner which shows tact and professionalism
• The ability to properly handle sensitive and confidential information (including HIPAA and PHI) in accordance with federal and state laws and company policies
• Demonstrated knowledge of occupational medicine requirements (state specific)
• Demonstrated working knowledge of clinical operations
• Knowledge of laws and regulations that govern delivery of rehabilitation services
• Knowledge of worker’s compensation and clinical procedures and all processes involved in the delivery of quality care.
• Demonstrated excellent communication skills
• Demonstrated willingness to participate in Continuing Medical Education