Physician Clinic Medical Director Peoria AZ
Are you looking for a physician practice with a family environment, but with the benefits and support a large organization can provide? Where daily patient care is backed by evidenced based medicine and career options are limitless, then look no further!
At Concentra, our Medical Directors spend the majority of their time clinically treating patients; the remaining time is focused on recruiting, business metrics, patient/client happiness and center management. This role offers an opportunity for physicians to blend their love of patient care with their management skills, working for the leader in the workplace health industry. As a Clinic Medical Director, you are a vital part of a dedicated team of clinicians committed to exceptional patient care. Additionally, you will facilitate efficient and effective center operations by balancing the dynamics of patient care and leadership within a clinical environment. This is an extraordinary opportunity for you to make a difference as you watch your clinical and leadership skills impact the health of America’s workforce.
Why Choose Us
Through our evidenced based medicine approach, Concentra’s goal is to provide quality patient care while treating everyone with friendliness, skill, and respect. We strive daily to promote a diverse environment of acceptance and compassion for our colleagues and cultivate a welcoming atmosphere where our patients can heal.
As we’ve grown, we’ve expanded into urgent care, wellness services, administration, onsite health and wellness centers, and telemedicine. All these services together make achieving health easier and more accessible for our patients, clients, colleagues, and all provide you with unmatched support, education, career advancement opportunities, and benefits.
• Spends 100% of time in a center providing direct patient care, leading by example, and creating an exceptional patient experience.
• Ensures day-to-day execution of medical model collaborating with therapists and specialists to drive optimal clinical outcomes and case closure.
• Monitors key clinical center metrics that are provided by Clinical Analytics and relate to quality outcomes: Practice Indicators, COP, GRV, LOS, TAT, Specialist Referral Rate, Primary Care Case Duration, Days to First Recheck, % of cases with Lost Time, Limited Duty, and Full Duty.
• Manages clinicians and support staff and complies with APC supervisory requirements.
• Creates a professional and collaborative working environment with full colleague participation that promotes teamwork, quality, exceptional outcomes, and patient safety.
• Works with DMO to identify and implement changes to ensure continuous clinical improvement.
• Masters use of clinical systems to ensure efficiency, excellent supportive documentation, appropriate and optimal coding levels, charge capture, and follow-through on all patient care orders.
• Ensures compliance with individual State Practice Act/Rules and Regulations/WC Regulations.
• Drives patient and client experience metrics.
• Calls and communicates to employers on all new injuries and other significant clinical changes.
• Actively participates in CLT meetings with COD and CTD to improve quality, patient safety, outlier management, and ensures the ongoing development and growth of the center’s business.
• Maintains and cultivates relationships with center clients and payers while responding to requests within 24 hours.
• Works with DMO and CLT to manage clinical and support staffing levels and proficiencies that will optimize patient satisfaction, workflows, and efficiencies
• Promotes, cultivates, and exemplifies Orange Book values for all center colleagues.
• Develops colleague success through all aspects of the talent life cycle for staff clinicians and support staff within the center.
• Fosters an environment of collaboration, professionalism, patient/colleague safety, quality care, continuous improvement and reward and recognition.
• Leads and promotes collaboration within CLT and across disciplines to achieve clinical and business outcomes.
• Accountable for understanding and input on Center financial drivers (GRV, PI, New Injuries, TAT) and outcomes in order to achieve annual business plan.
• Promotes center initiatives and work flows that are consistent with those in other centers.
• Possesses financial awareness and provides input to center budget and key business metrics.
• This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Board Certification / Eligibility highly preferred
- Occupational Medicine experience preferred, but we are willing to train otherwise qualified candidates in this area of medicine
- Licensure requirements of the state of jurisdiction
- Graduate of accredited MD or DO program of accredited university
- Unrestricted DEA license for state of jurisdiction
- Must be eligible to participate in Medicare
- Generous Paid Time Off Package:
- 24 days of regular paid vacation annually
- 6 days of paid holidays annually
- 6 days of paid sick time annually
- 5 days of paid CME time annually
- Training provided in our best-in-class Occupational Medicine Process Management Model
- Competitive Compensation Package:
- Annual Base Salary
- Annual Director Stipend
- Monthly RVU bonus opportunity
- Quarterly Quality Incentive Opportunity
- Medical Malpractice Coverage
- CME Allowance/Time
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans
Physician | Medical Doctor | Doctor of Medicine | MD | General Practitioner | Family Medicine Physician | Primary Care Physician | Urgent Care Physician | Sport Medicine Physician | PM and R Physician | Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Physician | Occupational Medicine Physician | DO | Emergency Medicine Physician |