Lead Radiologic Technologist Flagstaff, AZ
Concentra is looking for a Lead Radiologic Technologist. In addition to x-ray duties, you will oversee the x-ray functions, including training, orientation and quarterly visits to all centers in assigned area in accordance with Concentra Policies, practices and procedures and applicable regulations. Perform routine medical and testing procedures under direct supervision of the treating clinician. Ensure that every patient is treated the Concentra Way: with quality clinical care and by providing an excellent patient experience from welcoming, respectful and skillful colleagues.
- Prepares patients for X-Ray exams, positions patients based upon the type of procedure to be performed.
- Administers routine X-Ray exams as ordered by the treating clinician.
- Adjusts switches regulating length and intensity of exposure.
- Maintains quality assurance by performing appropriate validity tests and keeping quality assurance records, as required by Concentra X-Ray Compliance Manual.
- Maintains radiological film files and storage, pulls X-Rays as requested for referrals and/or copying.
- Keep logs for X-Rays sent out for referrals. Positions patient under X-Ray machine, adjusts immobilization devices, and provides appropriate radiation protection.
- Administers drugs or chemical mixtures orally or as enemas to render organs opaque.
- Assists in treating diseased or affected areas of body under supervision of Physician, by exposing area to specified concentrations of x-rays for prescribed periods of time.
- Prepares reports and maintains records of services rendered.
- Makes minor adjustments to equipment.
- Performs ancillary testing and tasks (including but not limited to vaccines and injections, phlebotomy, PFTs, audiogram testing and respirator fit testing) as ordered by treating clinicians.
- Performs rapid screening tests (influenza, strep, mono, glucose, etc).
- Prepares patients for physical examinations, including taking vital signs and performing all required testing.
Lead Radiographer - Additional Duties
- Presents education on radiation protection for all Centers in the area or market.
- Answers questions on products, equipment, and services for all Centers’ x-ray technologists, administrators, and physicians.
- Visits all Centers in market at least once per quarter to assess various equipment and compliance issues.
- Provides orientation for newly hired radiographers.
- Reports information periodically to Radiation Safety Officer.
- Communicates and coordinates with radiologists and B readers on technical and quality issues.
- Performs duties to achieve or exceed established service standards.
- Attends center staff meetings as required.
- Assists in maintaining a neat, clean and orderly appearance throughout the facility.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High School graduate or GED equivalent
- Graduate of an accredited school of radiological technology and applicable certification by the state in which employed
- Registered with The American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) and has active and valid certification
- CPR/First Aid Certification
- Six months experience in X-Ray and familiarity with routine medical procedures
- Working knowledge of occupational medicine requirements (state specific)
- Previous medical office experience
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Paid Time Off
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans