Medical Administrative Assistant Arbutus
Please be advised, if you are viewing this position on Indeed, that the salary rate/range set forth herein was provided by Indeed. Concentra's market specific rate/range will be provided during the interview process.
Do you want to use your problem solving skills and knowledge of customer service to help improve the health of America's workforce? At Concentra, we serve more than 500 medical centers and 130 onsite clinics nationwide. Concentra colleagues remain fueled by our driving purpose: to provide outstanding patient experience by delivering the highest quality healthcare in an efficient, affordable, and caring manner. We do this by putting all customers first.
The Administrative Assistant will ensure the delivery of exceptional customer service by self and the center colleagues by putting all customers (internal and external) and supporting the company’s mission, vision statements. Provide administrative support by conducting research, preparing statistical reports, handling information requests, and performing clerical functions such as preparing correspondence, receiving visitors, arranging conference calls, and scheduling meetings.
- Greets visitors, ascertains nature of business, and directs visitors to employer or appropriate person.
- Monitors current status of department work to resolve issues within scope of authority and/or notify appropriate party for resolution and inform supervisor of operational problems.
- Anticipates and prepares materials needed by the supervisor for conferences, correspondences, appointments, meetings, and telephone calls.
- Read publications, regulations, and directives and takes action or refers those that are important to supervisor and staff.
- Manages a variety of matters involving contact with various departmental staff.
- Maintains and compiles various department financial, human resource, and statistical reports and logs.
- Records minutes and notes and commitments made by supervisor or staff during meetings and arranges for implementation or staff follow up.
- Prepares special or one-time reports, summaries or replies to inquiries, selecting relevant information from a variety of sources.
- Reads and routes incoming mail.
- Composes letters and memoranda from verbal direction, dictation, or from knowledge of company policies and procedures using a PC software package.
- Assists in some administrative details, usually of a confidential nature.
- Composes, types and disseminates routine correspondence.
- Files correspondences and other records.
- Answers telephone and gives information to callers or routes calls to appropriate people and places outgoing calls.
- Schedules appointments and arranges meetings, conferences and appointments for supervisor.
- Copies correspondences or other printed matter
- Cordinates and facilitates all travel arrangements for management or as requested
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Certified Administrative Professional (CAP) or professional certification in office management or executive assistant training preferred
- Customarily has at least three or more years of demonstrated experience as an administrative assistant (preferably in healthcare setting)
- Concentra Core Competencies of Service Mentality, Attention to Detail, Sense of Urgency, Initiative and Flexibility
- Ability to make decisions or solve problems by using logic to identify key facts, explore alternatives, and propose quality solutions
- Outstanding customer service skills as well as the ability to deal with people in a manner which shows tact and professionalism
- The ability to properly handle sensitive and confidential information (including HIPAA and PHI) in accordance with federal and state laws and company policies
- Proficient in PC word processing software such as Word and spreadsheet software such as Excel
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organization and detail-oriented skills
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent telephone etiquette
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Employer Match
- Medical, Vision, Prescription, Telehealth, & Dental Plans
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off & Extended Illness Days Offered
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Commuter Benefits
- Dependent Care Spending Account
- Employee Discounts
This job requires access to confidential and critical information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Concentra is an equal opportunity employer, including disability/veterans