Hand Therapist Occupational Therapist PRN
From our Dallas corporate headquarters to our clinics and worksite locations, Concentra colleagues remain focused on our driving purpose: to provide superb patient and employer experience by delivering the highest quality healthcare in an efficient, affordable, caring manner. We do this by putting all customers (internal and external) first and by displaying:
o A healing focus
o A selfless heart
o A tireless resolve
The PRN occupational therapist will perform clinical duties including evaluations, formulating a treatment plan and ensuring that all aspects of the treatment plan are carried out
concurrent with the medical protocols established by Concentra Health Services. The occupational therapist will coordinate with the Center Therapy Director to perform business and financial duties directly related to the provision of therapy services at the center.
• Ensure delivery of high quality patient care services
• Perform direct patient care, including evaluation of muscle, skeletal, neurological and other physical problems.
• Support and encourage multidisciplinary coordination of treatment.
• Ensure proper documentation of patient care.
• Maintain professional standards through compliance with quality assurance policies/ procedures as well as applicable regulations and corporate policies.
• Implement effective communication with own and other departments' staff, with medical staff and patients to ensure coordinated efforts and provision of high quality service and optimal patient care.
• Demonstrate effective problem-solving and conflict-resolution abilities
• Inform Therapy Director of department problems, needs and solutions in a timely manner
• Plan, design, implement and interpret specific physical therapy treatment programs for patients to facilitate the patient's recovery and attainment of maximum physical potential
• Educate patients in the proper care and use of supports and performance of exercise programs.
• Perform or delegate patient treatment to include modalities, therapeutic exercises, gait training and hydrotherapy.
• Follow appropriate documentation and reporting procedures.
• Secure prescription for each patient treated.
• Work closely with the physician to ensure comprehensive delivery of services and quality patient care.
• Assist marketing staff with tours as necessary.
• Take all necessary precautions to protect center assets and property against loss or waste through negligence or dishonesty.
• Participate in professional development by attending center meetings and outside educational seminars
• This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
• Master’s Degree in Occupational Therapy from an accredited college/university
• Current state licensure as an Occupational Therapist, Hand Therapy Certification preferred but not required
• Successful completion of the National Registry Examination
• Valid BLS
• Customarily has at least two or more years of demonstrated clinical experience with hand, wrist and elbow rehabilitation
• Ortho-outpatient experience, preferred
• Concentra Core Competencies of Service Mentality, Attention to Detail, Sense of Urgency, Initiative and Flexibility
• Ability to make decisions or solve problems by using logic to identify key facts, explore alternatives, and propose quality solutions
• Outstanding customer service skills as well as the ability to deal with people in a manner which shows tact and professionalism
• The ability to properly handle sensitive and confidential information (including HIPAA and PHI) in accordance with federal and state laws and company policies
• Demonstrated willingness to participate in initial and ongoing training as required.
• Demonstrated effective communication and interaction with employers, patients, providers and other employees.
• Demonstrated ability to maintain working relationship with all levels of employees.
• Demonstrated excellent customer service skills
• Demonstrated computer skills
• Demonstrated knowledge with all state specific and OSHA requirements regarding radiological procedures.
• Must successfully complete orientation and training as well as demonstrate competency in all required physical therapy tasks.
- Training Provided in Our World-Class Occupational Medicine Process Management Model
- Medical Malpractice Coverage
- 401(k) with Employer Match
This position is eligible to earn a base compensation rate in the range of $38.72 to $50.94 hourly depending on job-related factors as permitted by applicable law, such as level of experience, geographic location where the work is performed, and/or seniority.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans