Senior Director, Human Resources
From our Dallas corporate headquarters to our clinics and worksite locations, Concentra colleagues remain focused on our driving purpose: to provide superb patient and employer experience by delivering the highest quality healthcare in an efficient, affordable, caring manner. We do this by putting all customers (internal and external) first and by displaying:
- A healing focus
- A selfless heart
- A tireless resolve
The Sr. Director of Human Resources is responsible for providing leadership and guidance to the organization's Regional HR Field Directors. Functions as the HR strategic business partner to various disciplines. Responsible for oversight and implementation of Human Resource programs: oversees employee relations and integrity investigations, provides guidance, counseling and support of human resource functions, such as workforce planning, engagement, retention and leadership development to ensure support and achievement of both company and business unit objectives. This position must be collaborative and act as a liaison between the field and corporate operations of the business.
- Drives corporate initiatives to ensure business objectives are met timely and effectively, including colleague retention, engagement, and development.
- Strategic business partner for various disciplines
- Ensures compliance within all aspects of field HR, streamlining processes and effectiveness.
- Understands metrics and can drive improvement through implemented strategies.
- Monitors turnover trends and retention issues and provides analysis and guidance to leaders.
- Change advocate and guides leaders and colleagues.
- Supports field HR team in open communication, assisting in personal development and career growth.
- Performs analysis and coordinates all HR activities for acquisitions and/or divestitures.
- Support learning and development and help identify and create curriculum as needed.
- Partners and collaborates with peers and parent organization to ensure effectiveness
- Assists and guides teams in 360 performance practice, analysis, and presentation
- Ensures accountability of self and human resource director team
- Consultant member of the Regional Leadership Teams, guiding initiatives related to colleagues
- Performance Development & Management
- Facilitates talent calibration process
- Evaluates any involuntary termination requests and approves or revaluates for performance improvement plan.
- Facilitates panel calls to review clinician terminations.
- Training and Development
- Oversees and provides support to human resource directors to meet with new and newly hired leaders as part of onboarding to educate on HR processes and partnership.
- Provides HR education opportunities to leaders in area of responsibility.
- Guides and advises leaders regarding FMLA, ADA and the LOA process.
- Provides policy interpretation for leaders and colleagues to ensure legal compliance.
- Project Management
- Participates in acquisition due diligence, onboarding, training, and coordination.
- Acts as SME on company projects and initiatives.
- Works with HR peers on projects, developing process, strategy, etc.
- Lead special projects and initiatives as assigned
- Direct reports: Varies
- National responsibility
- 8-10 years of general human resource experience
- 3-5 years of managing a team of human resource professionals preferred
- Multi-state responsibility preferred
- Healthcare experience preferred
- Ability to execute on business initiatives
- Ability to be an influential leader
- Strong service mentality
- Excellent telephone and personal etiquette
- Warm, positive, energetic demeanor
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong knowledge of federal employment law and state specific employment regulations as applicable to the assigned region
- Ability to analyze data and understand elements that influence the data outcomes
- Proficient in computer applications such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks and work on multiple projects/tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment without direct supervision
- Ability to identify areas of opportunity, develop a plan of action to improve, implement and evaluate plan effectively
- Ability to provide counseling to leaders as they resolve colleague, client and patient issues in an effective and timely manner
- Skilled in project execution
- Strong understanding of federal employment laws
Working conditions/physical demands
- Office based in Dallas
- Fast paced environment
- Some Travel required
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Paid Time Off/Holidays
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/Disability/Veteran.