Scheduling and FDO process:
To request GAN services, submit the Service Request Form (SRF) to the Gilenya Go patient services hub. The SRF serves as both the prescription for Gilenya and request for GAN services. A Navigator within the Gilenya Go hub will then work closely with the patient to schedule the services you requested at the time and location that best meet your patient’s needs.
All scheduling is done via the Gilenya Go Program (GGP). The typical scheduling of appointments may be as follows:
1. Scheduling baseline assessments
These are scheduled at least a week before scheduling the FDO. This allows time for results to get back to the neurologist for review, and gives you the flexibility of cancelling the FDO if any of the lab values are concerning.
Baseline assessments include the following options:
- CBC with differential
- Liver function panel
- *Varicella (VZV) Serology
*Rarely, the VZV serology will indicate that a patient requires vaccination. Most GAN sites will perform this vaccination at your request. The form required to request this will be distributed to you along with the results of the serology. You may also print a copy of the form from this link.
2. Scheduling the FDO
A minimum of 5 business days’ advance notice is required for scheduling at a GAN site. This allows time to ship paperwork and starter drug to the site and for schedule adjustments as needed. Documentation that the GAN site will receive prior to the FDO includes:
- Service Request Form that you have submitted
- General patient information
- FDO forms that will be completed by the GAN site
- Starter drug to administer the FDO
3. Summary of a typical FDO
- Check in and review patient’s current medications and medical history
- Capture baseline heart rate, blood pressure and perform a pre-dose EKG
- Contact the prescribing neurologist if to answer any key questions prior to dosing the patient
- Administer the first dose of Gilenya
- Monitor the patient’s heart rate and blood pressure every 30 minutes for a minimum of 6 hours
- Post-dose EKG
- Complete required forms
4. Follow-up reporting
The GAN staff completes all paperwork and faxes it to the Concentra Center Support Team (CST). The CST will double check the paperwork to ensure all forms are complete and then fax the completed set to the prescribing neurologist within 2-3 business days.