- Urgent Care
- Physical Therapy
- Travel Health
- Insurance Accepted
- Medical Specialist Care
- Our Providers
- Health Library
- MS Program
Physical and Occupational Therapy
Expertise when you need it
Concentra Physical Therapy believes there's a strong correlation between the early intervention of quality physical therapy and faster results for injured patients. To achieve these results, we perform hands-on, patient-centered rehabilitation services for individuals who need musculoskeletal care by a licensed physical therapist or occupational therapist. These two professions are very similar, however, each has a different focus.
What is a physical therapist?
Physical Therapists (PTs) are health care professionals who specialize in the movement of the human body. PTs diagnose and treat individuals of all ages with injuries that limit movement and the ability to perform functional activities in their daily lives. They will develop a plan using treatment techniques to promote the ability to move, reduce pain, restore function, and prevent disability. In addition, PTs work with individuals to prevent the loss of mobility before it occurs by developing fitness and wellness programs for healthier, more active lifestyles.
Physical therapists provide care for people in a variety of settings including hospitals, private practices, sports and fitness facilities, and worksites.
What is an occupational therapist?
Occupational Therapists (OTs) work with other members of the health care team on the assessment and treatment of conditions that affect an individual’s ability to perform daily tasks ranging from self care to high-level job related activities. In addition, OTs design treatment plans and assist patients with a variety of functional activities to improve function, visual, cognitive, and general coordination skills.
The ultimate goal of occupational therapy is to facilitate a patient’s ability to perform with the highest degree of independence possible. State licensure is required in each state in which a physical therapist or occupational therapist practices. (American Physical Therapy Association)
Key components of how Concentra's physical and occupational therapists serve our patients:
- Our people — Expertise and professionalism define Concentra's team of rehabilitative therapists. Our therapists offer, on average, 10 years of clinical experience. Plus, Concentra leads the industry in sponsoring a 2.5-year certification program in manual therapy for our therapists' ongoing professional development.
- Strategic locations — We provide therapy services from Concentra Medical Centers facilities, which currently number more than 320 across the country. Concentra facilities are strategically located so that you can access the facilities, keep appointments, and finish your recommended treatments.
- Patient outcomes — The Concentra early intervention therapy model focuses on expedited patient recovery and reduced cost of care. In over 95% of cases, you will be cared for by the same therapist during the recommended length of treatment. This commitment enables us to closely evaluate your progress and make responsive decisions based on the particularities of your case.
- Hands-on approach to healing — Rather than instructing you to do repetitive exercises on a customized therapy apparatus, Concentra therapists will use innovative "hands-on" methods and practical tools to train, track, and treat you through recovery. You'll learn how to continue exercises at home, which reduces the likelihood of re-injury and long-term costly medical care.
- Experience, expertise — Concentra employs only trained therapists – not aides or technicians – in the treatment of patients. Our therapists have handled over 10 million patient visits to date, so they can treat a full range of musculoskeletal injuries.
- Customer care — Using Concentra is easy and reduces the normal time needed to schedule appointments and verify insurance coverage. Once your physician refers you to Concentra, and you have scheduled your appointment, on average, patients begin treatment with a Concentra therapist within 48 hours of visiting their physician.
- Proactive communication — Our referral forms help your doctor to convey clearly his or her care directives. Plus, Concentra therapists communicate the patient's status back to the referring physician using the physician's preferred method of communication.