Privacy (HIPAA) Information
Concentra makes all reasonable efforts to comply with HIPAA — the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 – and privacy regulations. We take these matters very seriously and have instituted numerous internal and external measures to maximize compliance. The following related pages detail our full HIPAA and privacy program:
- HIPAA Information — general discussion about the act and its implications
- Notice of Privacy Practices — state-by-state descriptions of our company’s specific practices
- Confidentiality Statement — a detailed, legal description of the requirements protecting the privacy of our patients’ health information
Forms for Patient Rights
- Access — This form is used to request access to a patient's record, which can be in person or a copy.
- Amend — This form is used to request a correction to a patient's information that was created by Concentra because the patient feels that the information is inaccurate or incomplete. This does not include clerical corrections, such as address, date of birth, employer, etc.
- *Confidential — This form is used for a patient to request alternate methods of communication, such as email, cell phone, or a different address than the home address on file.
- *Restrictions — This form is used to request a limitation or restriction of diclosures of a patient's PHI to others, such as a family member, physician, or an employer (although this DOES NOT APPLY to workers compensation where we are required to disclose information by law).
- Complaint Forms — This form may be used for a patient to submit a HIPAA complaint or report a suspected privacy violation to the privacy office.
- Account request — This form is used to request a list of disclosures Concentra made of a patient's PHI. Disclosures made for treatment, payment, health care operations, or because a patient signed an authorization to disclose are not included in this list.
*these rights may be limited for certain services, such as workers compensation
Email EncryptionSafe and Secure — Learn more about Concentra's new e-mail encryption system.
Privacy (HIPAA) Concerns
For HIPAA-related issues or questions, please contact us at:
Concentra Privacy Office
P O Box 1438
Louisville, KY 40202-1438