- Occupational Health
- Onsite Centers
- Health and Wellness
- Physical Therapy
- The Concentra Solution
- Our Clients
- Resources and Links
Employee Flu Shots and Vaccinations
Inoculate early to reduce loss in productivity
Keep your employees healthy and productive this flu season with a flu shot from Concentra. It is vital for your business that your employees are protected against the flu. The flu shot is your first line of defense in preventing the flu and that’s why Concentra provides easy and convenient flu shots at all of our Concentra medical centers.
Getting the flu shot has the potential to save your employees from missing days or even weeks of valuable work time. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), influenza costs businesses an estimated $6.2 billion in lost productivity each year. Among adults 18-64 years of age, influenza can cause the following each year:
- 200 million days of diminished productivity
- 100 million days of bed disability
- 75 million days of work absences
With a simple seasonal flu shot for your employees you can help:
- Reduce lost workdays up to 45%
- Reduce days working with decreased effectiveness up to 28%
- Reduce health care provider visits up to 44%
Benefits of Concentra Vaccinations
- Convenience: Your employees can obtain a flu shot during a visit to one of our facilities.
- Quality assurance: Your employees will receive flu shots and other vaccines according to the best practices established by our own experience as the nation’s leading occupational health provider, and the current guidelines issued by the CDC and other regulatory agencies.
The flu vaccine is the single best way to prevent the flu and can be up to 60% effective. Seasonal flu shots are scheduled to arrive at Concentra locations in September. For the location of your nearest center and hours of operation, visit our Location Finder. Consult our seasonal flu FAQ for more information.
In addition to the flu vaccine, we provide a range of other vaccinations such as Hepatitis A and B. For employees about to travel to foreign locations with known disease potential, we offer Travel Health services, including vaccinations and valuable travel information.