Employee Flu Shots and Vaccinations
Inoculate early to reduce loss in productivity
Concentra can help you maintain a healthier and more productive workforce with our vaccination services and flu shot clinics. By making sure your employees are properly vaccinated against flu and other diseases, you can protect your business and minimize decreased productivity. Consult our seasonal flu FAQ for more information.
In addition to the flu vaccine, we provide a range of other vaccinations. Plus, for employees about to travel to foreign locations with known disease potential, we offer a Travel Health program, which provides important vaccinations and valuable, relevant travel information.
Benefits of Concentra vaccinations
- Convenience: Your employees don’t have to travel to their local public health offices, which are often inconveniently located with restricted hours. Plus, some medical providers don’t keep certain vaccines on hand due to cost and special storage needs.
- Quality assurance: Your employees will receive flu shots and other vaccines according to the best practices established by both the general medical field, our own experience as the nation’s leading occupational health provider, and the current guidelines issued by the CDC and other regulatory agencies.
To prevent the flu
When a new flu strain appears, there won’t be effective vaccinations to protect the population. It generally takes 6-12 months after a pandemic begins for drug companies to develop and produce an effective flu vaccination. Here are some best practices to help prevent contracting or spreading any flu strain:
- Wash hands: Wash hands often with soap and water, especially after coughing or sneezing. Alcohol-based hand cleaners are also effective. Avoid rubbing your eyes or touching your nose with unwashed hands.
- Avoid contact: Practice “social distancing” by avoiding close contact with sick people and crowds, and increase your distance from people who are coughing and sneezing. The communicable distance for most flu viruses is about 3 feet.
- Shield your coughs: Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze and immediately throw the tissue in the trash after using it.
- Stay home: If experiencing flu-like symptoms, don’t go out — stay home. Call or visit Concentra, particularly if symptoms worsen.
- Keep sick kids home: Keep ill children out of school. Aside from providing children needed rest, such absences help protect others from catching the virus from you or your child.
- Vaccine supply is limited and will not be reserved for your employees until you sign up
- Make sure you get the day/time you want before it's booked by another company
Note: Flu shots, Sports physicals, and travel health services are available as a cash pay service. Cash, check, and credit cards are welcome.