Urgent Care Acquisition
Joining our urgent care practice group
When customers began asking us to expand Concentra's services to reach a larger population of employees and their families, we began studying the urgent care service offering. As the occupational health leader with more than 320 medical centers in 40 states across the nation, Concentra offered the medical expertise, facility infrastructure, and operational capabilities to add urgent care to its existing suite of primary care services.
Concentra initially launched Urgent Care services in 2007 at four Detroit-area locations by adding the service to existing medical center locations. In 2008, we expanded the geographic footprint of this service and currently offer urgent care in all Concentra medical centers nationwide. That number and reach will continue to expand as we escalate our number of locations through acquisition and de novo growth.
Studies show that emergency room costs can be 686 percent higher than the cost for the same level of quality care received at an urgent care facility. This pressure on the system overworks emergency room physicians, raises cost of emergency room care, and keeps urgent care patients waiting for hours while more critical patients are treated. Additionally, historic legislation poised to bring millions of new patients into the system will increase the demand for urgent and family practice providers.
Concentra's affiliated clinicians offer the expertise and quality treatment so that patients can get back to life, fast, with walk-in appointments, trusted providers, and a significant cost savings using an urgent care facility versus a hospital emergency room.
Did you know?
- Concentra was founded by physicians more than 30 years ago, and is currently the largest provider of urgent care services, based on revenue, visits, and footprint.
- Concentra strives to make a difference for patients and communities through outstanding physicians, dedicated to quality patient care and clinical excellence.
What we offer
- Stability. Concentra offers long-term stability and an innovative culture which encourages professional and financial success.
- Success. You and your staff can focus on spending more time with patients and delivering quality care while utilizing career growth through leadership roles and medical management.
- Satisfaction. Concentra offers a respected, service-oriented practice environment driven by relationships and community engagement. Physicians can focus their time on practicing great medicine without the burden of administrative tasks.
There are a variety of different motivating factors that prompt physicians and business owners to sell their medical practices such as:
- Achieving a better work / life balance
- Practicing medicine versus operating a business
- Making a career or life change
- Mitigating risk
- Succession planning
Benefits of selling your practice to Concentra
- Our Corporate Development team has outstanding expertise in acquisitions, so your medical practice will be properly valued in a professional, respectful, confidential process.
- We will work closely with you and your team to determine the best options for each person, based on his or her preferences and the needs of the practice. Staff members often choose to remain on-board with Concentra, to play an important and fulfilling role in the new urgent care practice.
- Your practice will retain the goodwill you have built in your community over the years through our focus on quality medicine, exemplary patient care, and positive outcomes.
- Aligning with Concentra often leads to a renewed focus on patient care, new professional opportunities and connections, and access to exceptional leadership opportunities.
- Concentra has developed simple, yet effective processes based on outcomes data and working with hundreds of physicians over the past 30+ years. However, every agreement and timeline are personalized based on individual needs, preferences, and circumstances. In most cases, affiliation with Concentra takes a few weeks to a few months.
Concentra was founded by a small group of physicians focused on quality patient care. Even though we have grown to be a leader in urgent care, with over 320 locations, we remain dedicated to the communities we serve with a group practice environment. Our resources and medical expertise make Concentra the ideal partner for a practicing physician looking to avoid the bureaucracy and micromanagement of a hospital network.